Changing visa stamps in new passport -- what's the process?

connda;

i was in the same , just got a new passport (US) last week valid till 2025;

other one was valid till 2018 but after 2 extra sets of pages only 1blank page left :-)

I am going to transfer my stamp ( 1st entry non o stamp and re entry permit an all the writing they put in) next week and than in June get my next extension.

You could i guess do it all at the same time BUT

Better not to confuse them here in Phuket

Yeah, I just bit the bullet yesterday, printed out all the necessary documents, and showed up at CM immigration at 1:30pm. We were the second to the last people out the door at about 5pm. I've never seen the inside of CM Immigration with only 4 customers in the waiting room: Me, my wife, and two other men. Well, on the bright side, won't need to do that exercise in boredom for another 10 years Lol. Three and a half hours to process 11 people. Amazing Thailand! biggrin.png

You were lucky they even saw you. Three weeks ago when I showed up at 1:30 pm to transfer stamps into a new passport at CM Immigration they told me to come back and get in line before 7 am the next morning. I don't "do" mornings well!

connda;

i was in the same , just got a new passport (US) last week valid till 2025;

other one was valid till 2018 but after 2 extra sets of pages only 1blank page left :-)

I am going to transfer my stamp ( 1st entry non o stamp and re entry permit an all the writing they put in) next week and than in June get my next extension.

You could i guess do it all at the same time BUT

Better not to confuse them here in Phuket

Yeah, I just bit the bullet yesterday, printed out all the necessary documents, and showed up at CM immigration at 1:30pm. We were the second to the last people out the door at about 5pm. I've never seen the inside of CM Immigration with only 4 customers in the waiting room: Me, my wife, and two other men. Well, on the bright side, won't need to do that exercise in boredom for another 10 years Lol. Three and a half hours to process 11 people. Amazing Thailand! biggrin.png

You were lucky they even saw you. Three weeks ago when I showed up at 1:30 pm to transfer stamps into a new passport at CM Immigration they told me to come back and get in line before 7 am the next morning. I don't "do" mornings well!

Yeah Nancy, I agree. I generally let my Thai wife do the talking. 8 years around her and I know she has the ability to get results that allude me Lol. So when she showed up with a queue ticket, I was a happy camper. That was exactly what I said when she showed up: "Thank God we don't have to show up tomorrow morning." Went and got a Latte, broke out my Thai study books, and did homework for 3 hours. Afterward, took the wife to her favorite restuarant. Successful day in my book. But equally glad I don't have to do it again for another 10 years smile.png And I feel your pain -- I ain't a morning person either. sleep.png zzzzzzzz

not trolling or anything, but ...

the old visa to new passport was kinda stopped ?

last time i read was ... you get new passport, you do all your papers for a new extention of stay, no more transfert of visa / extention ...

would be kind of crazy and stupid if your visa expires not even 2 months later, right ?

I am in this position, waiting for my new passport and tought immigration told me, the day after I get my passport, I should come and have all my yearly paperwork with me ....

confuzed !

They still transfer the stamps.

The new rule (August of 2013) is if you have less than 12 month left on your passport validity when you apply for an extension they only give you an extension to the date your passport expires. Then when you get your new passport and have your stamps transferred to it you then have to apply for an extension when the shortened extension ends.

"According to the New Regulation from August 13, 2013, when submitting application for Visa Extension if the validity of passport of the applicant is not longer than one year left before expiry, the extension of stay will be permitted not exceeding the expired date of passport.

After the renewal of your passport of obtaining a new passport, you have to re-apply for Visa Extension by submitting required document and paying extension fee ( 1,900 Baht ). In case of overstay, the fine is 500 Baht per day."

Dear Ubonjoe,

I do'nt understand it very good.

New regulations from August 13, 2013 reads the same like new ruls August 2013 .

In August 2014 I apply for an new extention (so to August 2015). My passport was valid until 24 March 2015, so I got an extention until that date.

On 13 of Februar 2015, I went for my 90 day report and say that I come to Transfer the rest 5 months in around the 16th of March when my new passport arrive. I was told that they do not do it anymore, so I mustapply for an new extention

not trolling or anything, but ...

the old visa to new passport was kinda stopped ?

last time i read was ... you get new passport, you do all your papers for a new extention of stay, no more transfert of visa / extention ...

would be kind of crazy and stupid if your visa expires not even 2 months later, right ?

I am in this position, waiting for my new passport and tought immigration told me, the day after I get my passport, I should come and have all my yearly paperwork with me ....

confuzed !

They still transfer the stamps.

The new rule (August of 2013) is if you have less than 12 month left on your passport validity when you apply for an extension they only give you an extension to the date your passport expires. Then when you get your new passport and have your stamps transferred to it you then have to apply for an extension when the shortened extension ends.

"According to the New Regulation from August 13, 2013, when submitting application for Visa Extension if the validity of passport of the applicant is not longer than one year left before expiry, the extension of stay will be permitted not exceeding the expired date of passport.

After the renewal of your passport of obtaining a new passport, you have to re-apply for Visa Extension by submitting required document and paying extension fee ( 1,900 Baht ). In case of overstay, the fine is 500 Baht per day."

Dear Ubonjoe,

I do'nt understand it very good.

New regulations from August 13, 2013 reads the same like new ruls August 2013 .

In August 2014 I apply for an new extention (so to August 2015). My passport was valid until 24 March 2015, so I got an extention until that date.

On 13 of Februar 2015, I went for my 90 day report and say that I come to Transfer the rest 5 months in around the 16th of March when my new passport arrive. I was told that they do not do it anymore, so I mustapply for an new extention

That is what the new rule says you need to do, You have to apply for a new extension prior to the 24th of March.

They will transfer the existing extension valid until the 24th of March to the new passport and then after the new extension is approved they will stamp it in your new passport.