Martial law still necessary under current situation

Lite Beer

Martial law still necessary under current situation

BANGKOK: -- Martial law is necessary and must stay to maintain peace and order, this is what a poll says.

Bangkok Poll conducted its latest survey of 1,120 people from all walks of live across the country after the military junta is still in power eight months after the coup.

The result revealed that 70.4% agreed that the military junta maintains the martisl law as it is necessary under the current political situation.

It also said 39.2% viewed that martial law could prevent untoward political rallies, while 31.2% said attempts to undermine peace still exist.

Asked whether the double bombings at Siam Paragon and Siam station were intended to defy martial law, 50.7% said yes, and 50.9% viewed political conflict and political rallies still exist in their provinces.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/martial-law-still-necessary-current-situation

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-02-07

Bangkok Poll conducted its latest survey of 1,120 people from all walks of live across the country

700-02593814er.jpg

"EXCUSE ME CAN I ASK YOU A POLL QUESTION?"

They use the same method like other country like Germany and France

Use a panel of different people from all the Country.....

Now you must understand that a majority of thai people want to see peace and order in Country before have an "elected" government

Majority of thai are boring with politics, they aspire to live in peace without fear to die or to be hurt during in fight between to rival politic camp

Last unrest in Bangkok has 30 causality majority of innocent people and 4 innocents children........ Perhaps you like that but thai don't

• Like 1

Martial law is here to stay till the red activists are reformed and understand what is good for Thailand and not only for their pockets or the pockets of their infamous leaders.

The Thai people have started already distancing themselves from these clowns as they have the brain to understand what they represent.

Of course there will be many farangs here concerned about martial law as they can't drink their beer at all times in the seedy bars they occupy.

What I have to say to them is...........Hard Luck.

• Like 1

Bangkok Poll conducted its latest survey of 1,120 people from all walks of live across the country

700-02593814er.jpg

Now you must understand that a majority of thai people want to see peace and order in Country before have an "elected" government

Majority of thai are boring with politics, they aspire to live in peace without fear to die or to be hurt during in fight between to rival politic camp

Last unrest in Bangkok has 30 causality majority of innocent people and 4 innocents children........ Perhaps you like that but thai don't

A poll of 1,120 people out of a population of 67,000,000 is meaningless.

That's about 0.0017% of the population......ridiculous.

Actually according to statistics it can be done. Maybe you should study statistics, this is not my field but i played around a bit with the page i just posted and its amazing how low a sample you need.

http://www.surveysystem.com/sscalc.htm#one

With the current restrictive rules in place you may as well retain Marshall Law, with freedoms eroding on a daily basis it might have to stay as a permanent fixture , with Elections in the future and the people having less freedom than last May, the streets may well again ring to the chants of the disgruntled. coffee1.gif

• Like 2

700-02593814er.jpg

don't bore me with statistics

be happy

Edited by AGareth2

Actually, we have only achieved less than 60% in getting the country organised and to an acceptable position of stability, there is still lots to do, although we have limited corruption and many other crimes in the grand scale, we haven't even started to curb the smaller forms of corruption and other crimes which effect the people on an even grander scale then the huge corporation's when added together, I would say we need at least another 2-3 years of martial law. Wouldn't you?

• Like 1

'Bangkok Poll conducted its latest survey of 1,120 people from all walks of live across the country'

I wonder how far outside of Bangkok they actually call "across the country?"

From one end to the other.... Of the BTS lines.

Sent from my c64

• Like 1

'Bangkok Poll conducted its latest survey of 1,120 people from all walks of live across the country'

I wonder how far outside of Bangkok they actually call "across the country?"

From one end to the other.... Of the BTS lines.

They sent 76 people to 76 provinces and each polled 15 people.

700-02593814er.jpg

No it isn't. The UK, a similar sized population to Thailand also samples around 1,100 people in election polls to guage people voting intentions. It is a sample size big enough to get a representative view of the whole population.

But of course, you can skew the results if you only poll for example, only men, only over 60's, only in certain parts of the country. But surprising as it may seem 1,100 is a large enough sample in statistical terms.

• Like 1

Martial law is here to stay till the red activists are reformed and understand what is good for Thailand and not only for their pockets or the pockets of their infamous leaders.

The Thai people have started already distancing themselves from these clowns as they have the brain to understand what they represent.

Of course there will be many farangs here concerned about martial law as they can't drink their beer at all times in the seedy bars they occupy.

I know your hearts in the right place and you want Thailand peaceful, however this isn't the way to do it. This just sets an example for future general's to carry out the perfect coup. It's a never ending cycle.

I'm no fan of the red's but instead of taking over with an iron fist, they should've been working with the government in power to protect the Thai people. You may be a fan of the PM but next time you maybe not so lucky, but the Thai people will have no say, so again they'll just have to lump it.

Martial law is here to stay for as long as the leader's sponsors say so.

• Like 1

Actually, we have only achieved less than 60% in getting the country organised and to an acceptable position of stability, there is still lots to do, although we have limited corruption and many other crimes in the grand scale, we haven't even started to curb the smaller forms of corruption and other crimes which effect the people on an even grander scale then the huge corporation's when added together, I would say we need at least another 2-3 years of martial law. Wouldn't you?

"We"? Are you a member of the Junta then? Or have you just bought yourself a tight green uniform, with lots of laminated medal ribbons in the hope that the call will come? A bit like those tourist police volunteers who waddle around downtown Pattaya!

Brilliant answer!