Where is my best chance of making friends in Thailand?

sidjameson

My recent post was incorrectly written. People thought I was asking about finances.

Is Bangkok (where I am now) a good place for a 47 year old who lives on 50k a month to find friendship?

As I dont work I dont meet many guys and never thought Id say this but spending time only with women gets boring! lol

I*m not so in love with Bangkok so if there were a better place to live where I can live simply, find a few male friends who are free both day and night time I would consider moving.

Its great to live in a country where women are so easy to meet, but after 15 years in Japan I do miss a good chat in my own language.

Ao Nang - Krabi - mid south Thailand... great community of long stay tourist and expats, Local FB group of such people - 2000 members with all sorts of interaction. Krabi / Ao Nang Locals FB Group... outings for such things as Trash Heroes to clean up the beach,,, and about a hundred more things... Get out of Bkk

You have the option of living a number of places and then choosing and that is what I would do. A nice room with Aircon and cleaning service will not cost you more than B6,000 Bhat a month. Plan to stay 3-4 months or longer. Then move to another City.

You can do a lot of research on line if you have the patience.

It is somewhat difficult to make friends here with other expats for the very reason that there are quite a few nasty pieces of work living here. It will take time.

Good luck

• Like 2

Only 50k a month and only 47 years old.

I sincerely hope you have a legitimate visa of some description or there is a fair chance you might make some new friends in the immigration detention centre in the not so distant future.

Ao Nang - Krabi - mid south Thailand... great community of long stay tourist and expats, Local FB group of such people - 2000 members with all sorts of interaction. Krabi / Ao Nang Locals FB Group... outings for such things as Trash Heroes to clean up the beach,,, and about a hundred more things... Get out of Bkk

Stay away from places like Krabi and surrounding areas. Full of people that think they are quite good ! Stay in Bangkok

• Like 2

The Gym sidjamison..... & its healthy at the same time, this is the 5th new country I have lived in--never failed to meet nice people at the Gym.................coffee1.gif

Was this post really to inform us that you have lived in 5 different countries and that we will be impressed.

Is this the real reason for this silly post ? Because that piece of scribble wasn't necessary was it ?

We are not impressed and we really don't give a sh*it

I do enjoy reading all these threads.

Where do I find friends?

Where do I find girlfriends?

Where do I find a hi-so wife with lots of money?

Next thread to come I expect it to be;

How do I tie my shoe laces?

You don't sound very mature man to me................although 47.

Next thread could well be another ridiculous post from you.

We have had plenty in the past with your name scribbled at the top.

You are very immature aren't you ?

• Like 2

Hua Hin has similiar. I would say it depends on your interests. Fishing , Pool comps. Golf. Lot of Brit expats here plus other Europeans. Even Aussies

There's no such thing as friends in Thailand ... ' they are only people you know '

How sad for you Steven. Probably worth trying to analyze why people in Thailand want to stay upwind from you but back in Farang Land you were awash in chums willing to take a bullet for you.

When you left Farang Land did they all weep copiously, threaten self-immolation and stage mass demonstrations at the airport?

You have the option of living a number of places and then choosing and that is what I would do. A nice room with Aircon and cleaning service will not cost you more than B6,000 Bhat a month. Plan to stay 3-4 months or longer. Then move to another City.

You can do a lot of research on line if you have the patience.

It is somewhat difficult to make friends here with other expats for the very reason that there are quite a few nasty pieces of work living here. It will take time.

Good luck

This is the best advice you will get. Yes women are easy to find here but to find a good female/friend/lover is almost impossible. I was one of the lucky ones.

Please try one of the Rotary clubs in Bangkok - one that conducts its business in English. You should not only be able to make friends but also take part in social welfare activities which will bring you closer to the community in which you live.

Only 50k a month and only 47 years old.

I sincerely hope you have a legitimate visa of some description or there is a fair chance you might make some new friends in the immigration detention centre in the not so distant future.

What on earth?

• Like 1