Public nod for martial law: survey

Lite Beer

They won't send any poll up here to Isaan. I wonder why!

Not true, I was very surprised when my wife was phoned today by NIDA and asked about her opinion on various issues. She spoke openly and honestly to the person on the phone.

We have now been offered a short break holiday, something called AA at a military base.

• Like 1

Not true, I was very surprised when my wife was phoned today by NIDA and asked about her opinion on various issues. She spoke openly and honestly to the person on the phone.

We have now been offered a short break holiday, something called AA at a military base.

Is that true, or are you taking the mickle.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

My guess would be, he'a taking the Pizz

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

My guess would be, he'a taking the Pizz
As if ;-)

What stupid idiots come up with such stupid polls? 70 percent of 1,120 people represent 'MOST THAIS'???

As for the 'situation' improving in Thailand, it depends, in my opinion. If one is talking about the coloured groups (both sides!) setting up mass demonstrations, erecting stages in the middle of the city and basically disrupting lives, not to mention the constant violence by rival parties, then I have to agree the 'situation' has improved.

But if one is referring to general living situations, then I'd say no - in fact, I see the situation worsening. The society seems to be even more xenophobic and intolerant. The Parasites in Brown are blatantly practising gangsterism - in broad daylight. The rift the current government is trying to bridge is actually growing wider, it seems.

Of course this is anecdotal, in my own opinion and not based on any stupid research but my own personal experiences.

• Like 2

The average intelligent person as opposed to a moron would be able to work out that the current junta government cannot stop bombings but at least regardless of who is planting them they are investigated and culprits where found brought to justice, as opposed again to the last lot who were in government who had a deputy PM and hitman who encouraged them and as long as they were for the gain of the Thaksin stooges held their brought and paid for police back from investigation.

and the longest sentence of the weekend goes to.....

The ironic thing is people like yourself like to question the legitimacy of letting Issan red shirts vote, on the basis of their lack of education, yet you struggle to write down a coherent sentence with punctuation laugh.png

• Like 1

More quick, instant Thai survey figures validating the way it will be. Thais know how to compile and statistically analyze surveys faster than any other professional survey firm or nation. Thais are amazing. It's so impressive that survey results can be produced so quickly and accurately in Thailand.

Like elections in China, let's not say they are fixed but it's good to know the outcome in advance.

Using polls is an old strategy by totalitarian regimes... just to legitimate what they are doing....

However, if an serious and independent organization hold a poll and if the results of the poll reveals the opposite, (i.e., the need for election (89%) ans so on) , then it is banned by the good guys.. because it undermines "national reconciliation". and wound the heart of ALL THAIS. Later the organizer are called for "attitude adjustment".

The good guys still believe that everybody is naive

Its obvious a poll involving only Bangkokians is hardly representative of all Thai's and the justification a weak effort at best. Its all about security and containment of threats in which the military could care less of what others think. The power struggle has and will always be there. The claws are still there, just retracted and waiting to pounce and the military knows it, thus martial law. A lot of importance is being placed on the hope that ammending the constitution will bring about cures to many chronic problems, including those brought about by populist policies. We'll just have to wait and see but right now the referee has both sides sitting in the corner waiting while they re-write the rules.

Edited by smileydude

A poll conducted in Bangkok amongst a group of 1,000 personally selected yellow shirts is hardly representative of the people. How about a poll stating, 100% pro government supporters support the government. I despise both sides of Thai politics. If you want something that basically represents the people then poll people from all areas. A poll amongst yourselves is just rubbish propaganda.

I am surprised any Thai would go on record speaking about the coup for fear of being arrested and needing to have one of those dreaded "attitude adjustments"..

Martial law is fine with me. I couldn't vote in Thailand anyway. Authoritarian governments can make a country safer in some cases, if the leader is not Kim Jong Un. Look at how quickly things are done as compared to the bickering in Parliament. Very fast action on getting 90 day reports done on line. Lots of good things can come out of "benevolent" dictatorships. Think of it as "streamlined government". laugh.png