domestic flights

I have a non-o do I need anything from immigration like a stamp or something to travel by plane from Don Muang airport to Chang Mai airport?

I know to travel outside of Thailand you need a reentry permit. I was wondering if you need anything similar for domestic flights?

Edited by keithet

Its not North Korea yet whistling.gif

Free travel within the country.

Yes but worth noting... seasonal workers with their limited passport and entry condition can only stay in the province they were approved for. Two classes two sets of rules.

I have a non-o do I need anything from immigration like a stamp or something to travel by plane from Don Muang airport to Chang Mai airport?
I know to travel outside of Thailand you need a reentry permit. I was wondering if you need anything similar for domestic flights?

You don't need a re-entry permit if you have a non-'O' visa, you will simply be stamped back in for 90 days.

No

All you need is your passport for identification purposes.

A Thai driving licence will actually suffice for domestic flights.

As one is meant to carry a passport at all times (or copy) I would have thought a PP was mandatory. At my local airport I must show it twice, booking in and at the gate.......

No

As one is meant to carry a passport at all times (or copy) I would have thought a PP was mandatory. At my local airport I must show it twice, booking in and at the gate.......

I presented my DL on four recent Air asia and Nok flights - no problem.

ID is mandatory, a passport isn't.

• Like 1

I do chuckle to myself when I remind myself that after the money I paid and all the hoops I jumped through to get my visa to stay in Thailand, now I need to jump through more hoops and pay more money when I want to leave the country and return later....555facepalm.gif

Edited by willyumiii

No

I make it a policy to first offer only my Thai drivers license in a hotel, hospital, bank or most any place I'm asked for identification. Seems to do the trick.

• Like 2

I do chuckle to myself when I remind myself that after the money I paid and all the hoops I jumped through to get my visa to stay in Thailand, now I need to jump through more hoops and pay more money when I want to leave the country and return later....555facepalm.gif

Only if you don't want to start from square one again willy. 555

No

I make it a policy to first offer only my Thai drivers license in a hotel, hospital, bank or most any place I'm asked for identification. Seems to do the trick.

Me too.

Not because I have an aversion to showing my passpport but I always have my DL in my pocket and it is easier to use this form of ID.