can I get a 30 days extension on a 15 days visa

Hi,

i am new here and try to found some info about extension, and search was not clear from me.

I have a Austria Passport and get back from Mae Sai with a normal 15 Days entry stamp.

Now my question is can i get in Chiangmai Immigration a 30 Days extension and pay the 1900 baht fee?

Thanks for help smile.png

so Austrians get just 15 days for land crossings, but since they do get a 30 day visa exemption nominally if they arrive by air, that means they can later purchase a 30 day extension. That probably would be similar for many countries so the OP asked a very good question.

what is a bilateral agreement UbonJoe,

Can countries in asean get 30 day extension for 1900 baht?

The bilateral agreement is an agreement that both countries will allow the other's to get a visa exempt entry.

For ASEAN it depends upon the country some are on bilateral agreements and others are on the visa exempt scheme. Info here: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/contents/files/services-20150120-100712-551809.pdf.

A bilateral agreement is an agreement between two countries.

Thailand has for instance an agreement with Russia that Thai citizens get 30 days on arrival in Russia and that Russians get 30 days on arrival in Thailand.

For most westen countries Thailand has a unilateral agreement, meaning that Thailand gives these nationals 30 days on arrival but there is no agreement with these coutnries that Thai nationals will also get 30 day on arrival at these countries.

Vietnam is also listed under "bilateral" in the document posted by Mario.

I recall report about Vietnamese being denied, but I don't have a link.

Hope it will not be the case for your friend, let us know how it goes.

Edited by paz