Police raid on M club. Foreigners arrested.

jixuso

Very interesting first hand report and another confirmation for the advice: have adequate documents at hand.

Copy of passport will suffice.

The raid has been in the local press (if Ido not mix something up?).

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

Very interesting first hand report and another confirmation for the advice: have adequate documents at hand.

Too soon for the Pattaya press to be able to report. It usually takes several days for them to remember how to use their translation software.

BTW thanks to the OP for the first hand report.

• Like 1

^^ What it means is exactly what it says and nothing more. And for the record, this forum rule exists ....

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

• Like 1

Raids in the beach area have been going on for months now. I don't think they will end. What the point is, I don't know. Maybe it's to send a lesson to all the clubs and bars that they're living on borrowed time and there will come a time when Pattaya's current setup will have to change, that the entertainment segment will have to move/hide or shrink or (doubtful) disappear.

Not my problem since I'm a non-participant. But maybe five years from now, Pattaya will be completely different.

Raids in the beach area have been going on for months now. I don't think they will end. What the point is, I don't know. Maybe it's to send a lesson to all the clubs and bars that they're living on borrowed time and there will come a time when Pattaya's current setup will have to change, that the entertainment segment will have to move/hide or shrink or (doubtful) disappear.

The beach?? Do you know about Pattaya? about 3rd Road?

There is about 1.5km (or 1 mi) between M Club and the beach wink.png

Its not a first hand account unless hes on 4 separate forums and repeating it word for word.....

• Haha 1

The beach?? Do you know about Pattaya? about 3rd Road?

There is about 1.5km (or 1 mi) between M Club and the beach wink.png

Yep, am well aware of the difference. I failed to make clear that my remarks about the area from 2nd to Beach have been a hot zone for raids and the raids are obviously spreading. It is hard to discern a pattern to the raids but they are legion.

Police are also really focusing on drugs, setting up choke points around Klang and Arunothai over to 3rd. I've driven through 4 drug search stop checks (never stopped) at this location. Plainclothes cops are focused on Thais exclusively, confirmed by my GF. I've personally watched two dealer takedowns off Buakhao and Tang Mo. And several times now roundups of suspects of some kind filling police pickup trucks heading to a station on Nern Plub Wan.

Lots of activity but to me anyway, no pattern other than my speculation in my original post.

Its not a first hand account unless hes on 4 separate forums and repeating it word for word.....

Does being on four forums and copying the text say something about the authenticity?

I found three only smile.png

The person appears to be a new member on the various forums this has been posted.

One foreigner was caught doing something not well liked by Thai authority ....

What's that then?

He was having sexual relations with a female employee on the premises.

Is that all? What a let-down.

I was hoping for something much more entertaining.

• Like 1

Does being on four forums and copying the text say something about the authenticity?

I found three only smile.png

The person appears to be a new member on the various forums this has been posted.

There is always a first time you have to sign up with a forum. Would you think that when one has something interesting to report would be a good timing?

• Like 1

Too soon for the Pattaya press to be able to report. It usually takes several days for them to remember how to use their translation software.

BTW thanks to the OP for the first hand report.

"Too soon for the Pattaya press to be able to report. It usually takes several days for them to remember how to use their translation software. "

Actually some of the print news and other news sources in Thailand actually publish in Thai, so you could do a Thai language search on Google or pick up a Thai newspaper to see if it's been reported. Or maybe it takes a you a few days to remember what the local language is.

One foreigner was caught doing something not well liked by Thai authority ....

What's that then?

He was having sexual relations with a female employee on the premises.

Is that all? What a let-down.

I was hoping for something much more entertaining.

It depends, it might have been buggery, or some other form of relations that the police decided were not acceptable. Does the OP know the exact details?