a question to the british,

pigeonjake

After watching the TV programs "Brits in Bangkok" & "Bangkok Airport"......... I think all Brits should really be careful about criticizing anyone...wub.png

The Topic is about: do we the British dislike Americans,not about Brit Bashing! by the back door!

Maybe you and JT could set up a thread for posts that the OPs deemed on topic

I like Americans and get on well with almost all I have met. Only problem is that they murder the English language with their incorrect spellings and strange words for common objects!

Actually, much of the time they're simply using what used to be the standard English form at the point when our two branches of the language split, and it's the British who have changed the spelling or wording.

So you could say they've done their best to preserve the language whilst we murdered it.

• Like 2

I like Americans and get on well with almost all I have met. Only problem is that they murder the English language with their incorrect spellings and strange words for common objects!

Actually, much of the time they're simply using what used to be the standard English form at the point when our two branches of the language split, and it's the British who have changed the spelling or wording.

So you could say they've done their best to preserve the language whilst we murdered it.

Absolutely true.

The first colonists that spoke English were isolated and the words and spellings stayed the same, whilst in England the language continued to evolve.

What is next ?

Anyway.....it certainly seems that many Americans and British have one thing in common.......thinking that they, and ao their countries set up, are the centre of the world.....one can only wonder.....

That's because they are! thumbsup.gif

There wouldn't be a "free" developed world without the good'ole US and Britain.

Depending on where you're from you'd be speaking German, Japanese or Russian if it wasn't for American and British resolve and sacrifice.

How very true,unfortunately there are large numbers of people with very short memories! thankfully in the UK we always have our rememberence days,for all those,that gave their lives in Europe for us,AND without the help of Americans, and their huge loss of life,Europe would not have the freedom,they enjoy now! and undoubtedly Europe and the UK would have lost WW2.

You need a history lesson mate, "huge loss of life"? tell that to Russia.

I didn't say which country suffered the most deaths or casualties!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_military_casualties_of_war

• Like 1

TBH I have less difficulty understanding Americans, than I do many British people.

• Like 1

TBH I have less difficulty understanding Americans, than I do many British people.

There's a bunch of Irish drink in my local, and I struggle with their accents sometimes, but they're colleague Alan came out, and he was incomprehensible as he was quiet. The only word I could make out was "Sure'n...", anyway, even the other Irish found him hard going, until Jason says to him "fokkinspeakEnglishyeBallymeenacontye"

SC

Okay, I know I'm out of line responding here because I AM an American. But I have several Brit and American expat friends, and within our small group, it seems to be the Americans who are hung up on Fox News that the Brits don't cotton to.

I'm all into Fox news...Hot Babes, Drama, Screaming, Chiseled jaws, unbelievable storylines, whats not to like?

Then again I'm hispanic, so I'm all into Mexican telenovela's.. probably why I can tolerate my nightly Lakorn LOL

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 2

Okay, I know I'm out of line responding here because I AM an American. But I have several Brit and American expat friends, and within our small group, it seems to be the Americans who are hung up on Fox News that the Brits don't cotton to.

I'm all into Fox news...Hot Babes, Drama, Screaming, Chiseled jaws, unbelievable storylines, whats not to like?

Then again I'm hispanic, so I'm all into Mexican telenovela's.. probably why I can tolerate my nightly Lakorn LOL

That Justice Jeanine is one hot M I L F.

Edited by rgs2001uk

I'm easy with folk from every country.. USA, Canada, India, Morocco, France, Italy, Thailand, Mexico, Easter island... the list is endless.

I'll do my best to get along with anyone, what ever their country, religion, gender bias, football team.. at least until I'm not afforded the same..

There are idiots and nice folk everywhere, in every walk of life. Some I like, some I don't..

I do think some of our 'murican cousins are inclined to be a bit sensitive when subjected to criticisms..

I couldn't agree more.

I wait until I have met them (people) before I decide if I like them or not, Americans or any other nationality.

• Like 1