chickens,dogs,buffalos etc. in issan

davetrout

l was just reading about this poor bastard in chang mai. where the neighbours chickens are annoying him. l for one can never get use to the 4.00 am wake up call by the whole village. lets see we have roosters who start the day off. then the local temple with their 5.00 am speakers going off. buffalos and dogs. l come from farm life and it is not like this back in aussie. oh yeah and all the locals going to the market to get the best products also early morning. no wonder they go to bed at 8.00 pm . can't wait for our return in 2 months to see wifes family for 10 days of bliss not. beer will help..

You will get used to going to bed at 8pm...and eventually love the early morning rises.

You waste half your day sleeping in.

Sometimes im in bed by 7pm and up at 5am.

Agree 100%

Especially when the weather gets hot again.

I am up at 4 or 5 am with the first roosters ( haven't needed an alarm clock for years, I have alarm cocks!)

I am usually waiting for enough sunlight to get some work done in the garden before the heat of the day.

I am happy to hear the Monks hit their gongs and bells and chants around 5:30 am, as I work in the garden.

The morning birds singing, the sunrise,white squirrels playing in the bamboo, the lack of traffic noise in the distance....I love it all.

If you miss the early morning in Thailand, you have missed the best part of the day!

Maybe a little less beer in the evening and you would enjoy the morning a lot more?

attachicon.gifDSCF8667.JPG

The sunrise from my garden last week.

P.S. I've never noticed a noise problem with buffalo. What kind of noise do they make?

This is exactly one of the reasons why I am happy here...

• Like 1

willyumiii post # 7

P.S. I've never noticed a noise problem with buffalo. What kind of noise do they make?

When I or perhaps I should say we are at home in Surin and I let the buffalo's out in the morning their farting is an amazing cacophony of sound.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif