Possible to make a copy of keyless remote?

Rod Wallop

I had an aftermarket remote for my Opel Astra. With the original one you could switch the receiver to a "teach-in mode", and then you had about 15 seconds to beam another one at it. It could store up to 5 additional senders. So basically you did not copy the original, but you authorized another one.

My new Toyota Avanza came with two remotes. smile.png

Edited by hkt83100

I had an aftermarket remote for my Opel Astra. With the original one you could switch the receiver to a "teach-in mode", and then you had about 15 seconds to beam another one at it. It could store up to 5 additional senders. So basically you did not copy the original, but you authorized another one.

My new Toyota Avanza came with two remotes. smile.png

Sounds possible then. I think they were expensive at 3,000 baht

3000 Baht is about what I paid for the kit (receiver and one remote) for the Opel in Germany. Installation was straight forward and I did it in about 20 minutes. I had no problem with it in about 17 years of usage.

I hate to say this but I did get an extra remote for my SEAT while there and it was about that cost also had to make sure whether or not the key is chipped as well? Here I just got a copy for my VW GTI for about 150b online on Ebay and then had it cut for another 1000b comparable cost and programmed it myself via a video on YouTube.

Not a keyless, but we some how lost our spare key to our Nissan Altera. It has a standard key start system with a separate alarm system. We found a lock smith here in Korat and within thirty minutes they had made a new key with the alarm system controls built into the key, turning it into a one piece from two separate pieces.

It cost me baht 900.