Thailand Philharmonic Free Concert in Pattaya

goatfarmer

The Thailand Philharmonic has had a strong group of Pattaya expat supporters who attend almost every concert, and have for years. The Siam Country Club is owned by the the owner of Yamaha - another giant supporter of of TPO organization. TPO is happy to be able to visit Pattaya to perform and say Thank You to our generous patrons. Hope you can come listen - and perhaps join our expat supporters to see us in our regular concert venue of Prince Mahidol Hall, on the campus of Mahidol University.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Just a lousy location. I know a dozen classical music lovers cannot attend because of the location. Next time perhaps Bali Hai or tiffany or coliseum can donate their facility. I will have to miss this performance, a real downer for me.

Have you seen the location? I was just out there today. It's quite pleasant.

If transport is an issue, I suggest you discover grabtaxi.com. The 14km trip will cost you around 400 baht.

Being pleasant isn't the point, being in the boonies is. Being in a central location so the maximum number of people can enjoy a potentially wonderful concert should be of primary importance. Even the map showing directions from central Pattaya shows crossing Sukumwit and going up Siam country club road which is a physical impossibility.

I am sure you can figure it out Bob ;)

Yep, got it figured out and about 10 of us have to pass because of location. It's easier to catch a concert in Bangkok which we will do. I guess you are unaware of the tunnel debacle which has caused a disruption in people's lives here in Pattaya. Have a wonderful concert, continued success and we'll catch you in Bangkok!

Hmm, I wonder how it will go down in Sloane Street when friends hear that someone has booked a VIP table to listen to the Thai Philharmonic in Pattaya, probably best not to say much on the subject!

But you see the problem, Pattaya will take many years to shed it's previous/current reputation, despite the existence of learned and musically appreciative folks in abundance, no slurts or slights intended in part or in hole.