Ms Yingluck notified to show up at OAG on Feb 19 to be indicted at court

webfact

Payback in the form of right governance which is what the current PM is trying to set up through reform. Where have you been Bruce?

Not exactly an answer to my question so I will ask again. If yingluck's policies caused suicides and she should face justice for this, should the current government face justice if there are suicides as a result of their policies? What about the all the governments going back to 1960? Or is this one sided justice?

You may interpret the goals of the current reform as good governance, but not all see it that way. I see a very flawed reform process intended to entrench one group and exclude another. Nothing so far shows the entrenched group to be any more honest or competent than the last. The process is only proceeding through supression, and history shows this has a way of causing even more conflict in the future. The US alluded to this when they called for inclusive reforms to ensure long term stability (I know the risk of waking up the tin foil hat brigade when bringing US into the discussion :) )

Notice to the Government.

The more you are chasing after her the more you are creating a false hero under the eyes of her supporters.

Let her go, let her disappear into oblivion, she is not worth anything, worrying about.

She has stolen or allowed to be stolen billions of baht and you think she should be allowed to get away with it. What sort of example does that set for the next PM? She should think herself lucky she will not get the same sentence as a Chinese court would give her.

Of course, shouldn't it be the case that these charges of the supposed fake b to b be proven first?

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Payback will never happen for the families of those farmers who sadly ended their lives out of desperation last year. But some justice is now being served.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/opinion/Farmers-call-time-on-Yinglucks-rice-farce-30226779.html

Try telling the truth. The protest leaders campaigned for those with deposits with the banks to withdraw their money if they lend it to the government to pay back the farmers. Anyone should be indicted for any farmer death its Suthep and his gang. Plus the fact that I look at any farmer who took his own life because of the debt and left his family and children with this debt is a coward.

Would you rather the banks break the law and the people with money in the bank lose it all?

• Like 1

The more you are chasing after her the more you are creating a false hero under the eyes of her supporters.

Let her go, let her disappear into oblivion, she is not worth anything, worrying about.

She has stolen or allowed to be stolen billions of baht and you think she should be allowed to get away with it. What sort of example does that set for the next PM? She should think herself lucky she will not get the same sentence as a Chinese court would give her.

Of course, shouldn't it be the case that these charges of the supposed fake b to b be proven first?

Of course you are right these charges should be proven first but to think that it is nothing more than a formality is a little naive given that it is known worldwide that corruption is a way of life for many (if not all) politicians here.

And I hope on her first appearance the court remand her without bail because she is a serious flight risk.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Payback will never happen for the families of those farmers who sadly ended their lives out of desperation last year. But some justice is now being served.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/opinion/Farmers-call-time-on-Yinglucks-rice-farce-30226779.html

Try telling the truth. The protest leaders campaigned for those with deposits with the banks to withdraw their money if they lend it to the government to pay back the farmers. Anyone should be indicted for any farmer death its Suthep and his gang. Plus the fact that I look at any farmer who took his own life because of the debt and left his family and children with this debt is a coward.

You try tell the truth. The famers were owned money long before that happened.

Are you trying to get a new job, since Mr. Amsterdam was fired? You would make a really good spin-doctor, chemical Ali is a novice compared to you.

I never thought I'd say this but...I agree with you.

One can only assume two things from the junta's stance.

1) They lack the knowledge to see that they will make a 'martyr' and make their jobs more difficult.

2) They are aware that it will make a martyr and anger her supporters (of which there are many...just check the election results for proof).

Point (1) would not be beyond the realms of possibility. However, I have a bad feeling it may be point (2). I hope I'm wrong. This is where the 'reds' are pushed too far and retaliate.This then gives the junta another reason to 'ban' more politicians and carry on with military rule/martial law.

Sometimes we've gotta think outside the box. I just don't think the big players in this are as daft as some think.

Edited by Fatty123

no wrong few will care You have a very naive view of redshirt cowards. In out red shirt (before) village all posters of Taksin and her gone and all will like pathetic sheep they are follow new order. Sad it is. Watch and learn forang redshort and Taksin supporters while you watch the cockroaches scuttle under their rocks. Funny really to witness it. And in our village after years if intimidation my wives family suddenly all smiles to her pathetic when before since they knew she and her family were one of few anti Taksin she and he her family had cars vandalised dog poo thrown at their houses and much worse.

Grow up and see forang idiots supporting red scum

Revenge and Karma is sweet

You might just have a point there Costas. Yeh, let her do that quick shopping trip to Hong Kong.

If she does a "runner" like Big Brother...problem solved!

I wonder which case will be completed first this one or the terrorist attack at the airport 7 years ago. This could be seen as a rush to judgement.

Terrorist attack, get real. The reds are torching and bombing the nation all the time when it doesn't go their way.

Perhaps he is referring to the grenade attacks against the PAD at the airports? Those, of course, were carried out by the redshirts.

let justice take its course, if she is found guilty then she should do her time. If they just turned a blind eye a lot of yellows will blow a fuse and cry red favourtism

Of course you are right these charges should be proven first but to think that it is nothing more than a formality is a little naive given that it is known worldwide that corruption is a way of life for many (if not all) politicians here.

And I hope on her first appearance the court remand her without bail because she is a serious flight risk.

Well lets hope of course there is no massive absurdity about her being guilty but the b to b being found not guilty. TIT after all....

You amaze me Bob, by exhibiting knowledge which is both abysmal and shallow at the same time.

You are too kind Halloween. He should try telling the truth himself. But PTP supporters, like PTP themselves find lies easier.

We all know Yinggy and gang failed to pay the farmers months before the amnesty bill sparked protests and for the months of protest before she dissolved parliament. They had run out of cash and couldn't get their hands on the 2.2 trillion baht loan they hoped to siphon and use for all sorts of things off budget. This was despite Yingluck lying and saying the scheme was self financing, lying and saying they had enough money without more borrowings and lying when vowing to pay farmers "next week".

Of course, anyone driven to such utter despair that they choose to end their life of misery and probable imprisonment due to massive debt created by a lying government is a coward. They should have been brave and marched on Bangkok in support of Yingluck, her brother and those also amply rich red shirt leaders.

• Like 2

I never thought I'd say this but...I agree with you.

One can only assume two things from the junta's stance.

1) They lack the knowledge to see that they will make a 'martyr' and make their jobs more difficult.

2) They are aware that it will make a martyr and anger her supporters (of which there are many...just check the election results for proof).

Point (1) would not be beyond the realms of possibility. However, I have a bad feeling it may be point (2). I hope I'm wrong. This is where the 'reds' are pushed too far and retaliate.This then gives the junta another reason to 'ban' more politicians and carry on with military rule/martial law.

Sometimes we've gotta think outside the box. I just don't think the big players in this are as daft as some think.

So what are you suggesting?

The Justice System has to be outside political control. Every time any Shinwattra breaks the law, gets caught and charged they squeal "political".

Political expediency cannot be allowed to trump justice and the rule of law - or you simply have a dictatorship. That is something the Shins have been after for some time.

If you allow politics to override law and justice you will never ever have a democracy.

• Like 1

Would you rather the banks break the law and the people with money in the bank lose it all?

He doesn't care about the people - only the Amply Rich count.

Don't forget that in the period when farmers' debts increased massively, the very people the rice scheme supposed to help, the Shin family wealth increased 450% as Thaksin bragged to Forbes. Even more amply than before.

• Like 1

You still haven't got it......no one is interested in your warped opinions

Fear of democratic leadership is one of the greatest motivators in military-led governments to maintain an aggressive posture against human rights and liberties. They cannot let her go without letting go their own self-fulled power. Ironically, the military is making her into a National Treasure.

Fear of democratic leadership is one of the greatest motivators in military-led governments to maintain an aggressive posture against human rights and liberties. They cannot let her go without letting go their own self-fulled power. Ironically, the military is making her into a National Treasure.

Poor Thailand.

You amaze me Bob, by exhibiting knowledge which is both abysmal and shallow at the same time.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

you never know what is in poor fellow head before suicide ...

don't judge other if you did not taste or be in such situations.

maybe he could have the heart ti watch misery of his family ....you will never know. leave the death a little respect

it is plain and simple

if she gets guilty verdict she must taste other quality of life in jail.

I would like to see her in other type of outfit she is wearing now.

she never will be hungry in jail like those who she cheated and pushed to tragedy.

Edited by gigman
  • Like 1