Visa Run Kancha

swissie

This surfaces occasionally in the Visa Sub Forum. It's like an on or off switch.

I just would like to hear it from the horses mouth: Have any of your Kancha Residents done a (successful) visa run at this border crossing about 1 hours drive west of Kancha recently.

Visa-Run possible or not?

This has nothing to do with the "Pagoda-Crossing" way up north.

THX & cheers.

Thx guys. As I am getting older I must be getting "slower" also, but I have discovered the thread in the visa section.

Only question remaining: 900 Bht Visa-Bus, where do they depart from in Kancha and what is departure time?

Cheers.

just to clarify the 900 baht is at the border not for a bus from Mueang Kanchanaburi.

900 baht they drive you from the thai border to the myanmar side, walk outside with your passport, come back with stamps and bring you back to thailand

it's actually cheaper than heading to bangkok and paying for a visa, as you would get 200 baht charge for a taxi to drive you across with the visa (happened to me)

just to clarify the 900 baht is at the border not for a bus from Mueang Kanchanaburi.

900 baht they drive you from the thai border to the myanmar side, walk outside with your passport, come back with stamps and bring you back to thailand

it's actually cheaper than heading to bangkok and paying for a visa, as you would get 200 baht charge for a taxi to drive you across with the visa (happened to me)

Thx Kekalot. I really thought, that the 900 Bht package would be something like a "full-service-package" originating from Kancha. Just to be driven thru a few miles of "no-man's-land" for 900 Bht appears to me as somewhat overpriced. I can do the following:

- As the (new) map shows, this border crossing is only 90 Km's from where I live, if I take the back roads. OR: I could call it a "long-weekend" in Kancha and a Farang-Resident takes me by car to the border-crossing. This could be turned into a fun-trip and I would be glad to cover fuel-cost plus some nighty entertainment once back in Kancha,

There is time: Due date is March 23.

Cheers.

Thx Kekalot. I really thought, that the 900 Bht package would be something like a "full-service-package" originating from Kancha. Just to be driven thru a few miles of "no-man's-land" for 900 Bht appears to me as somewhat overpriced. I can do the following:

- As the (new) map shows, this border crossing is only 90 Km's from where I live, if I take the back roads. OR: I could call it a "long-weekend" in Kancha and a Farang-Resident takes me by car to the border-crossing. This could be turned into a fun-trip and I would be glad to cover fuel-cost plus some nighty entertainment once back in Kancha,

There is time: Due date is March 23.

Cheers.

yes but you will still have to pay for the burma visa, and its a 5 kilo walk in no mans land

yes but you will still have to pay for the burma visa, and its a 5 kilo walk in no mans land

true, or 200 baht for the motorbike taxi.

they won't let cars or motorbikes through unless you have an export permit (probably not the name of the paper)

I drive there every time from Cha-am with my honda wave.

I went there before and.. well it was actually harder to do WITH a visa that I had from Bangkok, I had to pay that 200 baht little drive back and forth to burma and had to deal with the burmese officials myself

my pages were weird on my passport and they didn't see the visa the first time, they asked me for 900 baht and I said "i have a visa" (which i got because people were saying you couldn't do it without visa anymore) and yeah, it was MUCH slower and i paid more than the last time i went without the visa

with visa it was: minivan to bangkok, mrt to myanmar embassy, filling form and waiting in line at least 2 hours, paying visa (3 days service).. waiting 3 days for visa (I didn't mind, I have a friend in Bangkok)... then mrt back to victory monument and another minivan.. drive to Kanchanaburi border and pay extra 200 baht for 10m drive max on motorbike taxi (she must be rich!)

160+40+700 something for visa+waste of time+40+160+200

or 900 baht, they drive you through with car and back.

• 1 month later...

I went about 2 weeks ago and it was BT 910 drove my self and then take taxi car to other side , having booked out of Thailand and then when you get back, stamped back into Thailand .

when i got there it took about an hour then i had lunch very good food and drove back to Tha-yang Phetburi.

• 4 weeks later...

you "might" be able to get the exempt stamp there but I wouldn't hold my breath

there used to be a thread called "no more kanchanaburi visa runs" that said that people MUST have the both a Burmese and Thai visa to cross there to avoid visa runners on exempt.

however the first time I attempted it with the Burmese visa it ended costing me more than just going there and paying their 900 baht and wasting a lot of time (3 post above)

I can say that without a Burmese visa and WITH a Thai visa there are no issues but. I'd be interested to hear if someone else has tried it without or even with a Myanmar visa but without a Thai visa.

then again, they might let you in today and not let someone in tomorrow, TIT.

They changed the rules to you needing a Burmese Visa about one year ago. Set by the new Burmese immigration chief there.

This changed back about 6 months ago, so people did not need to get a Burmese visa before hand.

I believe it is still the same today. No Burmese visa required.

Also note that it is a border run, and not a visa run. You do not get a visa. You get a permission to stay stamp, for 15/30/60/90 days depending on what Thai Visa you have or haven't got.

Yes. You don't need a Burmese visa and if you have 3 or less visa exempt entries you don't need a Thai visa either.

cool, that's a good thing to hear. I do have a triple entry visa which will probably only be used 2 times but it's nice to know I can get up to 3 exempts if needed!

it used to be 600 baht which was a ripoff (the burmese government only received 500, they were pocketing the 100)

the next time it was 700.. and then after the new "changes" they started asking 900.

as far as I know, they would NOT let you through unless you have a Myanmar visa or paid.. won't let you deal with it yourself

would not stamp you out of Thailand without paying THEM first, this is where they pocket the difference

so they were effectively preventing you from leaving Thailand unless paid (I was told it's illegal too but whatever.)

that's not affecting me but.. that's how its done there

I asked someone about closing times they said after 7 and before 9. I'm guessing it depends on the flow of people. Vans there are several different companies from BKK. I'm job at drive my motorcycle it's much more enjoyable for me to stop when I want.

• 1 month later...

Archived