Best day to go to Chaeng Wattana

I went to Chang Wattana this past Monday morning for a 90 extension

Arrived at 8am

Stood in Q for 30 minutes

Received Q # L4 when the doors opened

Was done by 8.55am and in a taxi home by 9am

I have been there many times on different days never seems to make much difference when arriving early in the morning

My suggestion would be to get there for 8am and get an one of the first Q #'s

Make life easy for yourself and book a timed appointment in advance at the Immigration website. No queueing, virtually no waiting.

That would be good but they do not have an appointment system at CW. Only Chiang Mai immigration has such a thing.

Make life easy for yourself and book a timed appointment in advance at the Immigration website. No queueing, virtually no waiting.

That would be good but they do not have an appointment system at CW. Only Chiang Mai immigration has such a thing.

Oh yes they do for 90 day reporting, and I've used it.

It's at http://extranet.immigration.go.th/pibics/online/queue/REPSAction.do?cmd=term (only works in Internet Explorer).

For a brief period before the floods they also had an appointment system for extension of stay, but that appears to have been abandoned.

It's at http://extranet.immigration.go.th/pibics/online/queue/REPSAction.do?cmd=term (only works in Internet Explorer).

For a brief period before the floods they also had an appointment system for extension of stay, but that appears to have been abandoned.

The link you posted is for re-entry permits. There is none for 90 day reports.

The OP is not asking about 90 day reports he is asking about a 90 extension of stay.

The link you posted is for re-entry permits. There is none for 90 day reports.

The OP is not asking about 90 day reports he is asking about a 90 extension of stay.

My mistake. Sorry. Too early in the morning. Brain not fully engaged yet.

rolleyes.gif There is no gaurentee, but i would say from my experience it is a Thirsday or Friday.

If i ahd to vote i would vote for Thursday.

Mondays are busy due to the fact immigration is closed Saturday and Sunday.

On Tuesdays and Wednesdays the number of people is lower each day.

Thursday is usually the best day.

Friday is close, but there are some people who sudddenly realize they can't go Saturday and Sunday.

So in panic, they head there Friday ..... often without the forms or documents they need.

All in all, I vote for Thursday in any normal work week.

You can also do this at Lad Phrao. There is a mall there, and there is never a wait more than 30 minutes. Very close to Ban Kapi mall and only a 70 baht taxi from Lad Phrao MRT.

A 90 day report is the only thing he could do there. He wants to apply for an extension not do a report.