MacBook Air survives 1,000 feet fall from plane

thai tech

MacBook Air survives 1,000 feet fall from plane

MacBook-Air-Falls-From-Plane-702x336.jpg

Have you ever flinched in a panic when you’ve nearly knocked an expensive laptop or phone off a desk or coffee table? Thankfully, that’s something that doesn’t happen very often. But imagine if you were to drop some expensive kit like a MacBook Air out of a plane!

Read more: http://tech.thaivisa.com/macbook-air-survives-1000-feet-fall/4459/

Thank You, Thai Tech, for another article relevant to me and my interests.

Yes, because of the independent sort of guy that I am, I worry about leaving my laptop sitting on the wing of my Lear, or having it just slide out the window as we bank right to get a better view of the property below.

Of course it's a great inconvenience when I have to send one of my 'people' down after it as I don't have the use of that person until we connect up again a few legs further down on our journey. But having an apple product it brings me great comfort knowing all of my data it in the 'iCloud' and that I can just pull out a 'spare' replacement and all of my selfie photos are still there.

PS: Didn't bother reading the 'article.

• Like 1

Thank You, Thai Tech, for another article relevant to me and my interests.

Yes, because of the independent sort of guy that I am, I worry about leaving my laptop sitting on the wing of my Lear, or having it just slide out the window as we bank right to get a better view of the property below.

Of course it's a great inconvenience when I have to send one of my 'people' down after it as I don't have the use of that person until we connect up again a few legs further down on our journey. But having an apple product it brings me great comfort knowing all of my data it in the 'iCloud' and that I can just pull out a 'spare' replacement and all of my selfie photos are still there.

PS: Didn't bother reading the 'article.

I find this claim that a Macbook air somewhat difficult to believe. I won a Macbook air along with a wireless mouse some years ago answering a "Win a Macbook Air" advertisement on Yahoo Mail. It and the mouse was valued in the local Mac shop at $3500 I didn't particularly like it however so I gave it to my10 year old daughter Alice. Some weeks later my 13 year old girl Emma had an argument with her younger sister on the stairs going up to the second floor. Emma snatched the Mac out of Alice's hand but as she did she lost control of it and it fell 6 feet to the floor below. The monitor came away from the Main body and CPU did not function any longer as it should have. The cost to fix it was quoted at $850. I didn't bother repairing it. $850 was more important to me than the Macbook Air.