Toppled Thai PM 'can't eat noodles' without our say: Prayut

webfact

Just when it looked as though he might be leaning towards a bit of tact and diplomacy in the wake of the Japan visit, he shoots himself in the foot with this nonsense. Whoever is providing his PR advice should sacked, pronto.

This is an AFP release.

They have been somewhat partisan and a tad supportive of the Shins in the past.

Today he will be quoted as saying that he was only joking and it was just his grest sense of humor that he was showing to the people.

The thing was it actually was kinda a joke .. Yingluck's people complained that they got stopped at a check point (and got checked) and they also complained that there were army and police guards at here house .. the comment was in reference to the fact that on TV straight after the complaint she was videoed by the press eating noodles ... hence the army don't need to keep an eye on her the press is already following her every move! Which she of course has absolutely no problem with!

Yingluck's lawyers claimed she was under house arrest and then claimed the police and army were following her. Wonder if they see the irony.

All part of the show, more like a pantomime. that she Shins like to create.

Poor Amply Rich billionaire Yingluck - don't they know who she is? That she's above the law? Totally innocent of everything for ever?

Whilst on the face of it, many of the comments seem justified. I would like to suggest a different opinion.

Given the recent posturing of the Shins and the red shirts, perhaps this is a reminder that if you mess with the bull, you get the horns.

The rice scam legal process is heating up. The belief that the Ex-PM would never be held responsible for abuse of power under her government is seemingly unfounded. However naive and inexperienced she was.

What are the Shins doing in the background to protect Yingsy?

I would guess they are not sitting around with their thumbs stuck somewhere unsavory.

This statement is a clear public and overtly tactless confirmation that the government have a very precious card in their hand. If the Shins continue to instigate civil disorder they will take severe action.

If nothing else, this current PM has tried hard to address a large insidious and seemingly intractable problem of corruption in Thailand.

Reconciliation was on the table for all parties last year. Some parties have accepted that, pulled back and given the regime time to work. Other parties are clearly unwilling to sit back and reconcile. It seems clear that the threats made last year, which could have been avoided, are now being enacted.

The more combative people get, the more reactive the government gets.

• Like 2

from just a couple weeks ago, ...

"Today, have I ever restricted anyone's rights? Have I ever done that?" asked Gen. Prayuth,

It looks like the General is "outing" himself...

Toppled Thai PM 'can't eat noodles' without our say: junta chief

Yes but he is not restricting her movements. Just watching them. So I guess he isn't "outing" himself after all.

daft lad !

Casualbiker. Ask any Thai why tuey were never colonized and they will probably tell you because of the strength of the people. I tend not to take much of what Thai's say very seriously considering they are brought up to lie and cheat. Bit that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it as you are your. Btw Happy Valentine's weekend everybody.

I ask different Thais that question about colonization and yes a few will answer like that. Others will tell me about the clever king who realised that France and Britain didn't really like each other so played them off against each other!

I think YS should speak up for her self and appear in person when she is called upon to show her sincerity, instead of opting to have her statement made through her lawyers. This shows she is 100% in control of herself.

Answer some of the hard questions with some thoughtful analysis rather than just spout out there was nothing wrong with the policies. Like she couldn't stop the rice policy because it would be against the law. No such irresponsible policy was already designed to be a criminal intent to buy votes and to siphon money out of, all by hiding behind the poor. If how to win election by seeing who can give out the most money, Thailand would be in a debt that it can never dig it self out of. And who would end up flipping the bill? Surely not Thaksin, he managed to avoid a lot of taxes.

As far as her innocence is concern. She is innocent only because of her ignorance to her role as a prime minister or as the chairperson. She is only innocent because her brother and party made her the scape goat for all their ill intentions.

This sounds like something Little Kim would say.

Bizarre statement.

Will come to haunt him.

Fool.

Big Kim Jong il also said "I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, than I am on the right track". PM is on a narcissism and power trip high. He is even dressing himself as Prem.

Bizarre statement.

Will come to haunt him.

Fool.

Big Kim Jong il also said "I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, than I am on the right track". PM is on a narcissism and power trip high. He is even dressing himself as Prem.

" He is even dressing himself as Prem."

Can you explain this comment, please!

Bizarre statement.

Will come to haunt him.

Fool.

I think dear Eric is referring to the Thai style jackets

post-58-0-18989300-1423797773_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

What a statement... this will help heal the nation and nullify the divide between the 2 sides.

If she goes to jail... I will be going on a holiday for sure. She will be turned into a martyr and give her supports reason to go nuts.

What a statement... this will help heal the nation and nullify the divide between the 2 sides.

If she goes to jail... I will be going on a holiday for sure. She will be turned into a martyr and give her supports reason to go nuts.

Absolutely!

Nothing to drive the poor downtrodden masses as mad as jailing an Amply Rich woman who lost 700,000,000,000 Baht.

• Like 1

Bizarre statement.

Will come to haunt him.

Fool.

attachicon.gifThai style jackets.jpg

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/>

<title>Data File: Preservative-Treated Plywood</title>

</head>

<body>

<div class="page" title="Page 1">

<div class="section" style="background-color: rgb(0.000000%, 0.000000%, 0.000000%)">

</div>

</div>

</body>

</html>

Rubi, nope and you so wrong. Referring to the parading before the camera dressed as Prem in the shirt that Prem made famous when he was PMinthe 80's.

• Like 1

Bizarre statement.

Will come to haunt him.

Fool.

Rubi, nope and so wrong. I am referring to Prayuth parading before the cameras dressed as Prem in Thai shirt that Prem made famous when PM in the 1980's. Go goggle 'Prem reincarnated'.

Just when it looked as though he might be leaning towards a bit of tact and diplomacy in the wake of the Japan visit, he shoots himself in the foot with this nonsense. Whoever is providing his PR advice should sacked, pronto.

No. Prayuth is correct. Enough is enough with those corrupt politicians. You can't take any risk. I remember one that was granted permission to visit the Beijing Olympics and never came back to Thailand to face the courts. And instead paid a red army and a US team of lobbyist to destroy Thailand.

Rubi, nope and you so wrong. Referring to the parading before the camera dressed as Prem in the shirt that Prem made famous when he was PMinthe 80's.

Picture please

BTW since you referred to North Korea, you might like this type of environment

post-58-0-75620600-1423799894_thumb.jpg

Edited by rubl

Bizarre statement.

Will come to haunt him.

Fool.

Rubi, nope and so wrong. I am referring to Prayuth parading before the cameras dressed as Prem in Thai shirt that Prem made famous when PM in the 1980's. Go goggle 'Prem reincarnated'.

Just did that! I'm presuming your referring to the Thai political prisoners web page.. they are wearing Thai traditional style silk jackets, no different (except colour) to Rubl's post. In fact I wore one at my wedding!

Yesterday's headline read he is 'learning'...

After another inappropriate statement it seems he skipped the course "Attitude Adjustment for Statesmen". But why attend class if you didn't do your homework and the lecturer refuses to accept tea money to let you pass?

I will not bother you with pictures of Ms. Yingluck in stylish Thai style jackets.

Oh btw yahooing 'prem reincarnated' the first few results are thaipoliticalprisoners webpages. Interesting, almost as interesting as eating noodles.

If Yingluck goes to prison it's logical to go after Thaksin next. Surely they can catch him or make a deal with the countries he resides in to capture him for them. They got Bin laden.

They are still trying to work out where Dubai actually is.

from just a couple weeks ago, ...

"Today, have I ever restricted anyone's rights? Have I ever done that?" asked Gen. Prayuth,

It looks like the General is "outing" himself...

Toppled Thai PM 'can't eat noodles' without our say: junta chief

The good General really is a laughing stock. How could anyone be so dumb?

Besides being a Shin clan thing, this is a gender thing. I have never heard of such treatment of any former male Prime Minister in Thailand, deposed or otherwise. But it's OK to do this kind of thing to a woman.

Amazing Thailand.

No. Prayuth is correct. Enough is enough with those corrupt politicians. You can't take any risk. I remember one that was granted permission to visit the Beijing Olympics and never came back to Thailand to face the courts. And instead paid a red army and a US team of lobbyist to destroy Thailand.

Too bad the good General isn't a thief himself then you might have something there.