His'n'hers Harleys in Pattaya :D

MrWorldwide

OK - no shortage of Harleys in Pattaya but they tend to be the classic models - big cruisers with loud exhausts - and most seem to be ridden by Farang, I'm not terribly familiar with the current range but a quick check of the US website confirms that they've stuck with that unmistakeable style, and I know the difference between a Harley exhaust note and another big twin like Ducati. These weren't Ducatis but the styling was more 'boy racer' than traditional Harley - they just had the vertical V-Twin and the Harley note. I believe both Thai riders had identical 'Night Rod' bikes and this color scheme looks very similar:

01.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harley-Davidson_VRSC

They were definitely a sight - and sound - to behold wedged into the usual stream of commuter bikes. I dont know how that styling was received by the Harley faithful (I remember the Buell models being released in Australia but saw very few on the streets), but it makes sense to have something like this to compete with the big Japanese bikes here. The only price I saw in a quick scan for Thailand prices on this model was from 2008 - potentially a lot of km in 6+years - for 800K baht. There's something about the sight of a woman actually riding a big bike - as opposed to being draped over one for a photo session - that I've always found intriguing : doubly so when she has a small Thai frame. Dennis Hopper would be proud :D

• Like 1

I used to have a Harley Road King.

Didn't use it for promenade/bar hopping but touring 2up with my wife, we rode all over Thailand on it.

Then my kid was born so I sold it, one chapter of our life ended, a new began.

Yes the V-rods are very powerful compared to the "old school" twins.

Engine designed by Porsche.

It's not a bike for the poor as already mentioned but they keep their value very good, they are getting very popular with Thais the last 2-3 years or so.