southern bus station (sai dai mai) to pattaya

salavan

The buses to Pattaya from Bangkok depart from either Ekamai on Suhukamvit Road or Mo Chit in the North of the city Not from the Southern Bus Station, which services the South of the Country. Allow 2.5 hours from Ekamai slightly quicker from Mo Chit.

There may well be vans to Pattaya from Sai Tai Mai. They might do the trip in 2 to 3 hours. The only direct bus that would do this route would be Pattaya/Rayong to somewhere south e.g. Koh Samui or Phuket but because of the ring road they probably no longer stop at Sai Tai Mai so you would need to get from Sai Tai Mai to Ekamai or Mor Chit as others have posted. Or get a van from Victory Monument.

There are big aircon buses leaving from STMai for PATTS approximately every hour. I did this trip in August, cost ~ 140B, duration ~ 3hr. Buy your ticket from second floor of bus station, ticket seller will tell you which platform to go to and hold up a bus in time for you to get on board.

Drop off is North PATTS terminus, walk outside and catch the open-top baht bus to downtown. Walking Street ~ 4 km to the south. AA

Absolutely correct, and has been correct for a long time. Bus departure time dramatically effects travel time but both times I used it it was about 2hrs, 45 minutes, mid day.

The buses to Pattaya from Bangkok depart from either Ekamai on Suhukamvit Road or Mo Chit in the North of the city Not from the Southern Bus Station, which services the South of the Country. Allow 2.5 hours from Ekamai slightly quicker from Mo Chit.

i have seen the big blue and white buses at southern bus station with pattaya as destination, in the past. dont know how long. depends on traffic i guess. time of day etc

Edited by rabid old goat

There is a very VIP bus that I have seen on the road from Rayong to Kan during early afternoon time in Bangkok heading to Kan.

You could ask about this bus at the Bus Station in Kan salavan what time it does back to Rayong as it must pass Pattaya on that route.

Win thumbsup.gif

Edited by Kan Win

There is a very VIP bus that I have seen on the road from Rayong to Kan during early afternoon time in Bangkok heading to Kan.

You could ask about this bus at the Bus Station in Kan salavan what time it does back to Rayong as it must pass Pattaya on that route.

Win thumbsup.gif

you are correct kan win and i will be going from kan to patts, problem is last time i caught the vip bus from kan bus station it took over 6 hours, i thought it would be quicker from kan to sai dai mai 2hours 15 mins and then sai dai mai to patts maybe 3 hours and also cheaper vip bus from kan to patts and rayong is 8am and 5pm

• Like 1

THis direct bus is only running since when that SaiThai opened-by now some 6-7 years ago at least

Depending on time and day of week etc its either a van or a big bus

Bus direct to Rayong branches off just beyond Cholburi-does not has to serve PTY

Also note that big buses Kan-SaiT are much less as before-the vanification have taken over. f..e. big bus SaiThai-HuaHIn now runs less as hourly-used to be ev 30 mins from old Sai Thai

Just for your information, it should be known that the new Southern Bus station is now actually called SAI DTAI THALINGCHAN, the name SAI DTAI MAI was referring to the old Southern Bus Station which is not existing anymore.

thats good news. no way i can pronounce sai tai mai correctly or be understood after reapeated tries. even when that is where the bus is obviously headed.rolleyes.gif

Edited by rabid old goat

So according to you all the buses that leave Pattaya for the Southern bus station never return.

Keesters, you are way behind the times. If you bothered to read before posting you will see that I have posted an apology. What a pot you are!

Who reads every post before writing? Nobody I guess. Who writes complete trash without checking their facts and then covers it up with an apology ...you. Who's the pot (whatever that is) now?

Keesters, you are way behind the times. If you bothered to read before posting you will see that I have posted an apology. What a pot you are!

Who reads every post before writing? Nobody I guess. Who writes complete trash without checking their facts and then covers it up with an apology ...you. Who's the pot (whatever that is) now?

Scrolling through a topic like this with all of 17 posts is not too much to ask is it? Especially if you want to accuse somebody of not having his facts straight, at least make sure you have yours straight.

Scrolling through a topic like this with all of 17 posts is not too much to ask is it? Especially if you want to accuse somebody of not having his facts straight, at least make sure you have yours straight.

I see an incorrect post I comment. I don't wait until I've gone through the whole thread no matter how small. Apologies would be unnecessary if facts were correct in the first place. But if it is upsetting you so much I apologize for pointing out your mistake.

You seem to be incorrect Keesters and referencing the wrong person. Get your facts straight!

Looks like it's my turn to apologize. Didn't expect somebody who wasn't johnnort to be replying unless it is you under a different name. But at least it wasn't an incorrect posting about busses only a mixup in posters names.

Last time I was in Pattaya ( not too long ago ) the bus service to South Bus Station was still going.

• Like 1