WP5 Form - Visa Number ?

Hello all

Slightly confused about the WP5 form to renew my work permit. They ask for the Visa number, and place of issue.

My history is as follows - it's a bit complicated, which is why I am posting here asking for advice:

1) Entered Thailand on a Non-Imm B, that I got in KL, and the visa sticker was stamped "Used" (I got 90 days)

2) Extended that to 1 year, at the 1-stop service center in BKK, and got a work permit there the same day (BOI sponsored company)

3) After a couple months, I decided to pursue another path, and founded my own company

4) This is where it gets a bit shady for me. I couldn't just "change" the company, but I had to make a new work permit and obtain a new Non-Imm B visa. So that's what I did.

5) I cancelled the previous visa and work permit. I was on a 7-day temporary permission to stay. During that time we applied for a new visa ( / permission to stay ? ). I previously had a multiple entry Non-Imm B extension. But this time I only got an extension of stay (without any re-entry permits).

6) My passport was stamped with big fat red VOID stamp across my previous extension of stay. I got a new small stamp, that just said I can stay here for another year. There's no visa number or anything on that stamp, that I could tell (it has "ตามคำสั่งที่" with the number 0029.422/873 but my gf tells me that's not a visa number).

7) Last month, I left the country and went for a weekend to HongKong. I left the passport with Immigration for a re-entry permit. That tells me all is in order, etc .. But, I still have no clue what the number of my Visa actually is ?

I'd like to avoid any kind of issues with the government when I do my extensions (both Visa and WP) - thus I'd like to be sure what I need to put into that field on that form.

Any advice would be duly appreciated!

Cheers

Na Fan

Hey UbonJoe

Thanks for the reply.

What's not entirely clear to me is what exactly is a visa ? Is a permission to stay - such as the stamp I get on arrival after using the re-entry permit linked to the previous non-B - is that a visa ?

The last actual visa (from my understanding that is a nice colorful sticker from a Thai embassy) was a long time ago, since I did the switch-over to the new company / new visa within Thailand. I don't think I actually got a Non-B "visa" ?

Na Fan

Oh, and one other thing that I was wondering about.

There are several fields that require highly specific explanations, such as "Job description" or "Reason why not to hire Thai person". Is it feasible to fill those in in English ? I'll be doing the extension in Chonburi itself (not Pattaya) which isn't exactly a tourist hotspot, and I highly doubt that such technical stuff will be understood by the staff there.

Any experiences in regards to this ? Better to ask someone to fill it in in Thai ?

Na Fan

You have been on continuous extension of stay since you used your last non-b visa that gave you the 90 day permit to stay you have been extending.

You have not had a valid visa for a long time.

That last non-b that is the sticker your mentioned is the number they want because that visa proves you are on a non immigrant visa entry.

The form should be completed in Thai.