The Coup (movie) retitled and delayed

rebo

I mention it here because most parts of the movie were shot in Chiang Mai, and a number of local expats acted as extras:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/35727/-the-coup-retitled-and-delayed

"Why the title change? Seems "The Coup" tested poorly with audiences as, quite literally, it appears a decent portion of them weren't educated enough to understand what a 'coup' is."
laugh.pngclap2.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by rebo

'I mention it here because most parts of the movie were shot in Chiang Mai, and a number of local expats acted as extras:

http://www.darkhoriz...led-and-delayed

"Why the title change? Seems "The Coup" tested poorly with audiences as, quite literally, it appears a decent portion of them weren't educated enough to understand what a 'coup' is."
20x20xlaugh.png.pagespeed.ic.SDkxrRtekagclap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0Jv9FQa1M cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--ZvISAZ3- "

Was the audience Thai or foreigner?whistling.gif

Was the audience Thai or foreigner?whistling.gif

Not mentioned in the article but I guess westerners, most probably Americans. whistling.gif

More than likely as most don't have any clue about Thailand.facepalm.gif

... and coups as well. In countries seeing themselves as more "civilized" the coups are done via voting computers and are not called "coups" then ...

• Like 1

Perhaps the good general / PM had a word with them and said it was not an appropriate title and ordered them to change the name.

That's the sort of thing you can do when you were the most handsome boy in school.

(that was sarcasm)