chiang mai and the spirits of train derailment

koo wallety tourist

thinking of going but its been so long now that i think the spirits will be angry and seeking a major derailment.

plus its going into smoky season then songkran should i head off to cambodia now and then return to chiang mai after songkran?

dates are about right to stretch a visa to 2 months in cambodia.

wonder if cambodia welcomes koo wallety tourist or they just prefer drug addicts and sexpats?

I think evicting the termites and their wooden sleepers overcame the derailment problem, as they wreck their teeth on concrete..

You should see the heap of rotten sleepers stacked up alongside the train line around Chiang Mai. It was a job way overdue and constant derailments woke up enough people the get the job of replacing done. I think the Mexicans call it manyana.

I recently did a return trip Chiang Mai/BKK, which was as rattly as expected, but not bad for a system which is overdue for replacement.

T.I.T.

* Derailments are more likely in the wet season, when soil and land can shift and slide.

* Hazy season hasn't really kicked in yet, give it a week or two.

* Songkran is the best party of the year, in the universe.

But feel free to go to Cambodia. The sooner the better actually, as it'll get very hot and dry there too.