Weird 'copy' of my website

bkkmick

Hi

This is a weird one (for me).

I own a website that I've been working on for the last couple of months. It is a .com domain.

Recently I noticed a referral from the same domain name as mine but with a .co.uk tld.

When I went and had a look at the other site I notice that it's just an iframe loads my site onto their domain. The thing is that it had my search widget in there that contains my affiliate id.

What do you think is the purpose for this? Trying to get me to buy their domain name?

Scratching my head.

Mick

Not selling to you specifically, but to some other smuck who doesn't understand what's going on. The 'broker' wants the site to look recent and relevant. Kinda like staging a house for sell (by renting all new furniture for a few months) They're just using you to give their domain traffic.

There have also been cases of iframe fraud, where fake login inserts are used to steal data.

drop a .htaccess file in blocking them using your web content. OR redirect it to goatse or something

That will work only if it's happening at DNS level, and the OP's web server is configured for a wildcard hostname (unusual).

The easiest 'fix' is to add a 'break out of frames' javascript to the OP's website.