Trying to find the young couple who make colored metal emblems

Mcffee

They used to have walking street stall near the end opposite wat Prasingh, but not seen them for a long time. They made a few great metal emblems for me, made of steel plate with embedded paint and chromium finish. See sample below something alike. I think they have a shop somewhere. Anybody who knows this couple? The painting process might be called 'enamel', not sure how they do it.

iblD38iknF7gaW.jpg

Edited by Mcffee

Anyone have a shop they use in Thailand that does this ?

Easy to get done in China but I would rather do it in Thailand....

if it is done the "old" way it is done under high heat and the enamel is melted (fired)

and the enamel is more a ground glass , so very hard after firing

same way you make porcelain signs

or this is the modern way

this is "soft enamel"

what size was the sign they made for you ?

Edited by BKKdreaming

Anyone have a shop they use in Thailand that does this ?

Easy to get done in China but I would rather do it in Thailand....

if it is done the "old" way it is done under high heat and the enamel is melted (fired)

and the enamel is more a ground glass , so very hard after firing

same way you make porcelain signs

or this is the modern way

this is "soft enamel"

what size was the sign they made for you ?

Interesting, does not look like a hobby you learn in a weekend and I would not have the patience for it. The guys at Walking Street made two Irish Leprechaun shapes with text, around 20 centimeters high, I could pick them up the next week. Not expensive at all total 250b something like that. I think they told me they have a shop somewhere. Standard at their shop they offered all kinds of football emblems. I lost their phone number and would love to get in touch with them again.

many people do this as a hobby , OK many did back in the 50s-60s before Cable , Internet , smartphones

there are a lot of books on how to do it

the hard enamel needs a kiln to melt the enamel frit

the soft enamel probably just needs a small oven or could be air dried ,

Ask them what they do , maybe they just do the design and then send it to the factory that does it ,

if they have more can you take a picture ? Or if they can make to order

20cm is a pretty large one , the factory I went to in Germany made grill badges for cars , about 8cm and hard enamel

Good luck in the hunt

• 2 weeks later...

Did you ever get a chance to talk to these guys and see how they were making them ?

They did a few orders for me from Walking Street but I had no chance to visit their workplace. They are a young couple in their twenties, a guy and his girlfriend who worked together. Perhaps via the Walking Street organization it's possible to find them back, if they keep records of past time sellers.

Edited by Mcffee