Blue Book (Condo)

crazyfalang

Dear Members.

After which seemed like a lifetime i have now got my Title Deeds and Blue Book for my Condo (which of course is all in Thai) I need to get my Name in the Book. As The Management and staff are as much use as a Concrete Parachute I send out a cry for help as to where i need to go as i am based in Bang Saray and which forms i need as well. Comments and suggestions are greatly received.wai.gifwai.gif

I never had my name put in any of my condo blue books. Your name should appear on the chanot, (get a Thai friend to check the entry) this is all you need.

That said there are advantages of having your address registered. I also have a house built on my wife's land which allows me to have my yellow book which is what I use for my address registration.

• Like 1

Hi. As far as I know you will not get your name registered in the Condo Blue Book at Pattaya if you are a farang.

I saw someone who got his name handwritten on the first page, but not even a stamp on it,

so I could do the same (write my name on my book) with probably the same result: an useless document. sad.png

You could get in your amphur a yellow book (ท.ร.13) with your name in but it seems to be such a hassle with hardly any benefits in return so you could just as well not be bothered.

Blue book (ท.ร.14) has nothing to do with ownership, only registration of residents on that address.

• Like 2

By your description of the useless management I take it you are living at Beach and Mountain with the plebs in charge there. You will not be entered in the Blue Tabien. If you wish to apply for Yellow Tabien go to the Tessabhan opposite A.D. Condo with Chanote, passport and Blue Tabien. Cost is THB 20 however they may charge more.

Hi. As far as I know you will not get your name registered in the Condo Blue Book at Pattaya if you are a farang.

I saw someone who got his name handwritten on the first page, but not even a stamp on it,

so I could do the same (write my name on my book) with probably the same result: an useless document. sad.png

Not so. If you have PR you get a blue book same as Thais

you need a yellow book, invaluable, would not be without mine.

The yellow book is a joke. People who have it think they have something special. It is a worthless document which serves no purpose whatsoever except to boast that you have one.

Anyone can get one. In the last 15 years I have been here I have everything I need, like Thai Drivng licence, bank accounts, credit cards, water and electric

accounts, phone accounts as well as investment accounts with thai brokers. I also have a vehicle registered in my name. There is not a single instance where I could have used a yellow book.

• Like 1

Invaluable ? What do you use your Yellow Book for ?

It not even accepted as proof of address for a Thai Driving License now...

Yes it is where I live, also for buying cars pickups bikes tractors in my name, getting hospital treatment at thai rates, registering phones buying new phones, worth its weight in gold, and very very useful when renewing visa extensions, getting all utility bills in my name etc etc.

• Like 1

The yellow book is a joke. People who have it think they have something special. It is a worthless document which serves no purpose whatsoever except to boast that you have one.

Anyone can get one. In the last 15 years I have been here I have everything I need, like Thai Drivng licence, bank accounts, credit cards, water and electric

accounts, phone accounts as well as investment accounts with thai brokers. I also have a vehicle registered in my name. There is not a single instance where I could have used a yellow book.

But you had to visit immigration for a new letter each time!!!!!!!

Apparently now in Pattaya they are also asking for a residence letter from immigration if anything to do with the motor licence dept. Previously and in many other provinces the Yellow Tabien is sufficient enough. I myself have been able to register cars/bikes, renew licence, phone contracts etc without the need for immigration letter so it is of use. Anyone wishing to apply for PR or residency will also need, so for some it is worth its weight in gold and others irrelevant.

Yes it is where I live, also for buying cars pickups bikes tractors in my name, getting hospital treatment at thai rates, registering phones buying new phones, worth its weight in gold, and very very useful when renewing visa extensions, getting all utility bills in my name etc etc.

You are very lucky then, but this is the Pattaya forum

and in Pattaya the Yellow Book (often?) is not accepted for that.

You are very lucky then, but this is the Pattaya forum

and in Pattaya the Yellow Book (often?) is not accepted for that.

You can do all these things you claim without a yellow book,. Except hospital trearment which you are not entiteled to. Maybe you live in an very remote area that has never seen a farang let alone a yellow book

Apparently now in Pattaya they are also asking for a residence letter from immigration if anything to do with the motor licence dept. Previously and in many other provinces the Yellow Tabien is sufficient enough. I myself have been able to register cars/bikes, renew licence, phone contracts etc without the need for immigration letter so it is of use. Anyone wishing to apply for PR or residency will also need, so for some it is worth its weight in gold and others irrelevant.

It is not required for PR or residency!