Best way to convert visa exemption to long term stay

You can get a 30 day extension at an immigration office for your 30 day visa exempt entry.

If you can meet the financial requirement for an extension of stay based upon retirement you could convert to a 90 day non immigrant visa entry at immigration in Bangkok. You would need 800k baht in a Thai bank or proof of 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht.

You can get a 30 day extension at an immigration office for your 30 day visa exempt entry.

If you can meet the financial requirement for an extension of stay based upon retirement you could convert to a 90 day non immigrant visa entry at immigration in Bangkok. You would need 800k baht in a Thai bank or proof of 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht.

Just out of interest, would it be possible to do the same with a non B?

So, come in on a visa exempt, get offered a job and start the paperwork process, then extend the exemption for another 30 days at immigration if necessary before then getting a non B from immigration.

In my experience people applying for non B visas generally have to do a visa run to get their non B from Laos or wherever.

This thread made me wonder if it's possible to get a non B from BKK immigration.

I figure retirement and work are going to be handled differeently so my guess is BKK immigration would not do this, otherwise it seems odd so many do visa runs for their non B when they could just go to Changwattana or alternative office.

Just out of interest, would it be possible to do the same with a non B?

So, come in on a visa exempt, get offered a job and start the paperwork process, then extend the exemption for another 30 days at immigration if necessary before then getting a non B from immigration.

In my experience people applying for non B visas generally have to do a visa run to get their non B from Laos or wherever.

This thread made me wonder if it's possible to get a non B from BKK immigration.

I figure retirement and work are going to be handled differeently so my guess is BKK immigration would not do this, otherwise it seems odd so many do visa runs for their non B when they could just go to Changwattana or alternative office.

It is possible to convert to a non immigrant visa based upon qualifying for an extension of stay for working. But the requirements are higher than those for the extension. They are also much higher than those for getting a non-b visa from an embassy or consulate,

That is why most people are advised by their employer to go out to get the visa,

• Like 1

Maybe a little off topic, but..

ubonjoe,

How did you become so well versed in just about everything concerning immigration in Thailand?

Your knowledge is amazing as is your willingness to help others!

Just wondering....

And Thanks!

You are an extremely valuable resource to many, many expats in Thailand!wai2.gif

Couldn't he get a single entry Non O in Laos?

Yes But he would have to meet the financial requirements for an extension to get it.

And Vientiane would be a better bet than Savannakhet for a non-O based on being over 50.