Australian Passport Renewal

tif

My Oz neighbour needs to renew his passport. I told him as far as I knew, he could do it on Phuket. He called the consular's office and was told by a Thai girl 'it take twenty minutes'. My Oz neighbour is confused. Has anyone been through this process recently? I told him I'd ask here. My Oz neighbour seriously needs to enter the 21st century and have access to the internet. How anyone gets by without it in this day and age beggars belief.

Thanks for any advice I can pass on to him.

Information about renewing passports in Thailand can be found here:

http://www.thailand.embassy.gov.au/bkok/Consular_P2.html

I don't know if it can be lodged with the new Honorary Consul in Phuket, perhaps someone capable of making a call for him can find out.

Thanks for the effort, but I've already accessed that link and it doesn't make clear the actual address my neighbour must go to on PHUKET and with what. The consular has changed to a Canadian woman. Where, he isn't sure. The Thai girl said something about the office being on the bypass road. From that which I've seen, it isn't clear how the fee is paid and to whom. His app for a marriage extension falls shortly after the expiration of his passport. I'd advised he sort his pp first in order to stymie any avoidable problems with transferring his 'new' visa. And so, if anyone has recently been through this with the Canadian consul, address and advice as to how and when payment is required would be appreciated.

i just replaced my aussie passport when the consulate came down from bangkok a few weeks back , had they not come to phuket i would have had to go to bangkok . It two weeks by mail to get it back , now they may have changed since, so best to check with the office you mentioned , the office is not so easy to find , so if you need detailed instructions pm me ...

http://www.hawryluklegal.com/contact-us/

It's really easy to find. It's on the bypass road left-hand side if you are going north.

Big office block you can't miss with the letters CCM at the top.

It's on the 6th floor.

There is a map provided in the link posted above this post.

Edited by KarenBravo