Rawai Post Office

RioMist

Anyone have any idea what is going on at Rawai Post Office? I have a parcel waiting that arrived in Rawai Post Office to be delivered since 5th Feb.It is now 17th Feb. I live near Kwang Rd. We are lucky to get a delivery once a week and then not all the mail is delivered. We had no post at all from 16th December trough to middle of Jan. I know Christmas post was sent from UK and was never delivered. Also post I had ordered from Ebay never arrived too. Same with my neighbour his daughter sent him parcels from UK (unregistered) but never arrived. None of my Thai accounts never arrived since middle of December so had to contact the account holders to find out how much I had to pay.

Does any one know where I can complain about Rawai Post Office? I have tried calling them but they are always engaged.. I know some of you will say why not go and collect your post. Well its a 16k round trip to the post office and they will only give you registered post with a tracking number anyway. Getting very frustrated now with Rawai Post Office.

Hi Karen.... Nope it sure is Rawai. Yes we are close to the border and in fact the houses just down the road from us have deliveries from the Phuket Town Post Office nearly every day but we live just 200 meters from them and have to put up with Rawai. Just for information I have just returned from Rawai Post office and had a Thai guy who spoke English talk to the staff there. He told me that the staff said that the delivery postman had been taking the post and not delivering. He has since resigned and disappeared along with the post he supposed to have delivered. I have to say however nobody at Rawai Post Office seemed to care a jot!