Berlusconi rebuffs Thai offer for AC Milan

webfact

Berlusconi rebuffs Thai offer for AC Milan
By Coconuts Bangkok

acmilan.jpg
Photo: AC Milan

BANGKOK: -- The Italian owners of the AC Milan Football Club have demurred on a possible sale to a Thai businessman soon after the news broke yesterday.

The holding company of former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi denied it was interested in selling the club despite a cash offer equivalent to THB37 billion by Bee Taechaubol of Country Group Development.

"In response to press reports, Fininvest reiterates that it is not interested in selling majority shares in AC Milan," Fininvest said in a statement [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2015/02/17/berlusconi-rebuffs-thai-offer-ac-milan

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-02-17

For awhile there I thought P.M. Prayuth - O had taken a time warp tablet, remember the Thaksin one trying to by a club then tried to get the government to buy it, then proposed a lotto to finance it, then the people were going to own it, what a joke that was.coffee1.gif .

Perhaps you are refering to the time (2007) when Khun Thaksin purchased Manchester City? He later sold it to the 'Abu Dhabi United Group'.

For awhile there I thought P.M. Prayuth - O had taken a time warp tablet, remember the Thaksin one trying to by a club then tried to get the government to buy it, then proposed a lotto to finance it, then the people were going to own it, what a joke that was.coffee1.gif .

Perhaps you are refering to the time (2007) when Khun Thaksin purchased Manchester City? He later sold it to the 'Abu Dhabi United Group'.

I remember the stupid announcements about that from Thaksin. It seemed like a hair brained scheme to get someone else to pay for (what would be) his football club.

• Like 1

No...The Manchester deal was post-coup. The deal Chainarong was citing was prior to that, around maybe 2004 when Taksin tried to use government funds to buy Liverpool...almost pulled it off.

Later, Liverpool was purchased by the owners of my own Boston Red Sox.

• Like 2

I'm beginning to wonder if these people are not strictly honest... Tour de France in BKK as well as the F1, now this.. and I was always thinking it was legitimate information. In the words of Cartman, "they've warped my fragile little mind"

Did not the FA denounce him as not a "fit and proper person"... cheesy.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

For awhile there I thought P.M. Prayuth - O had taken a time warp tablet, remember the Thaksin one trying to by a club then tried to get the government to buy it, then proposed a lotto to finance it, then the people were going to own it, what a joke that was.coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJARfU4 alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24> .

No I think everyone was singing " You'll never walk Alone " I think some yanks brought that club , Thaksins M.N. purchase was after.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

For awhile there I thought P.M. Prayuth - O had taken a time warp tablet, remember the Thaksin one trying to by a club then tried to get the government to buy it, then proposed a lotto to finance it, then the people were going to own it, what a joke that was.coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJARfU4 alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24> .

Did not the FA denounce him as not a "fit and proper person"... cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--ZvISAZ3- alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20>

That's correct.