Anusarn

Mahseer

One place that I would never patronise again even if my life depended on it would have to be Lena's

You always had to check your bill to verify that it was not wrong (in Lena's favour I might add)

A right rip off merchant is Lena's

I agree. We stopped going to Lenas due to the fact that our bill as quite abit higher than most other restuarants of similiar nature. It may have been in regard to the crab/seafood dishes. Much higher price than we thought. Probably market prices, but remember my g/f getting slightly annoyed about it. Although the food was good but it did leave abit of a sour taste afterwards :o

and because she is the only person who can take your money you can wait for ages to settle the bill.

The Chiang Mai Mail has an excellent review of Lena's Restaurant this week...

One place that I would never patronise again even if my life depended on it would have to be Lena's

You always had to check your bill to verify that it was not wrong (in Lena's favour I might add)

I agree. We stopped going to Lenas due to the fact that our bill as quite abit higher than most other restuarants of similiar nature. It may have been in regard to the crab/seafood dishes. Much higher price than we thought. Probably market prices, but remember my g/f getting slightly annoyed about it. Although the food was good but it did leave abit of a sour taste afterwards :o

and because she is the only person who can take your money you can wait for ages to settle the bill.

yes a very good review,

Maybe Lenas Thai magic wasnt working when adding up our bill last time.

• 1 month later...

Most of the stalls have now gone which in my opinion is a great shame. That square had a bit of charactere to it.

Apparently the old Anusarn is going to be replaced with an OTOP centre, as if we needed more of that in the Night Bazaar area :o

Some of the stalls including Best Taste Kitchen, which is my all time favourite, have relocated to the old carpark adjaecent to Fatty's. Others are still setting up there so but I'm sure it will settle down quickly.

IMHO we could do without the cultural show with their caterwauling and drum banging but if that's the price to pay for enjoying good food at a reasonable price I will gladly pay it.

yes a very good review,

YES !! and we have probably all read the recent postings about the restuarant reviews undertaken by CMM haven't we. Any additional comment would be superfluous :D

Edited by john b good

yes a very good review,

YES !! and we have probably all read the recent postings about the restuarant reviews undertaken by CMM haven't we. Any additional comment would be superfluous :D

What the ###### is that supposed to mean?

yes a very good review,

I think that he means that as all the food was provided for the CMM free of charge that the reviews could have been somewhat biased :D

yes a very good review,

I think that he means that as all the food was provided for the CMM free of charge that the reviews could have been somewhat biased :D

Correct.

So have they all def gone...

...had a couple of sessions in the square a couple of weeks ago and they were saying (the restaurants -Fattys included) that most of the stalls were moving next door to what I believe is called something like the "KINNERE Market"...but MKjai....

So have they all def gone...

...had a couple of sessions in the square a couple of weeks ago and they were saying (the restaurants -Fattys included) that most of the stalls were moving next door to what I believe is called something like the "KINNERE Market"...but MKjai....

this is the one that I saw/was looking for...from the now defunk CMM...

Kalare Centre

By Elle Faraday(with thanks)

The Kalare Centre in the heart of the night bazaar has just re-opened after a yearโ€™s worth of refurbishment work so I thought I would pop down to take a look and see what delights were on the menu and, if any, how many of the original food stalls had come back.

The food court is virtually unrecognisable.

It has received a complete face lift and no longer comes across as a cheaper alternative to eating in a Thai restaurant.

The original food courtโ€™s charm of its street-stall like atmosphere still remains although it has been cleaned up and re-decorated. The surrounding stalls sell all sorts of Thai handicrafts and clothes which add to the colourful scene.

Whereas the food stalls used to form an arc round the food court, they are now in a long line down one side with signs in both Thai and English.

The number of food stalls may have decreased, but the choices of dishes on offer certainly havenโ€™t, there is an abundance of food being served all evening, including the old favourites from the original food court.

Free entertainment is provided every night with some excellent bands singing some of the worldโ€™s best known songs.

The stage is at the front of the new food court and therefore the entertainment does not interfere with your dining plans, unless of course you want them to.

The different food stalls offer dishes from all corners of the world including Thai, Japanese, Middle Eastern, Indian and Western cuisine.

Thai specialities include the famous papaya salad (25 baht), pad Thai (30 baht), noodle soup (35 baht), pork and chicken satay (starting at 35 baht), fried rice (30 baht), sticky rice and mango (45 baht) and a number of other Thai delights.

Japanese options included a range of sushi (starting at 5 baht), chicken teriyaki (40 baht) and roasted salmon (45 baht); Western dishes included French fries(30 baht), salad(30 baht), spaghetti (40 baht) and German sausages (30 baht); Indian choices included chicken masala (70 baht), chicken biryani (70 baht), samosas (30 baht) and tikka (90 baht).

Finally, Middle Eastern dishes included Chicken kebabs (50 baht), falafel kebabs (50 baht) and hummus with pita bread (40 baht). :o

yes a very good review,

Correct.

Garbage