Pakistan family arrested by Pattaya Tourist Police on suspicion of theft, deception

webfact

Pakistan family arrested by Pattaya Tourist Police on suspicion of theft & deception

pakistan-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Tuesday, Pattaya’s Tourist Police conducted a raid on a rented apartment in Jomtien where a family from Pakistan were thought to be staying.

They are wanted in Pattaya and Phuket on suspicion of deception and theft of money.
The raid took place just before 3am at the PK Resort in Soi 12 off Jomtien Beach Road. Inside room number 119 was Mr. Adil Hueeani ages 38, Mrs. Surayya Adila aged 41 and their 3 children.

Items including a wad of 100 US Dollar Bills along with 4 Mobile Phones and a Laptop Computer, were seized by Police and taken into evidence.

The raid was prompted by a complaint from a 26 year old Indonesian tourist who claimed he was tricked into handing over Indonesian and US Currency to the family after he was approached in the street. The family claimed they were thinking of travelling to Indonesia and wanted to see the currency. The victim handed over his wallet which also contained US currency, which was taken before the wallet was handed back with only a few bank notes left inside.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/171728/pakistan-family-arrested-by-pattaya-tourist-police-on-suspicion-of-theft-deception/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-02-18

Reminds me of that other story not long ago, about the guy at the exchange booth who just wanted to look at the different currencies available and managed to run off with 100k (baht). Some people are just a little too trusting with complete strangers, especially in a place like this.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/723664-middle-easterner-wanted-for-theft-from-central-pattaya-money-exchange-booth/

And this story:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/688662-pattaya-police-search-for-suspected-middle-eastern-serial-thief/

In each case, a large sum of currency was handed over to a foreigner who then "lightened the load" before handing it back and running off. Boggles the mind.

• Like 1

If you willingly hand over your wallet to strangers, you actually deserve to get robbed.

It is dumb and naive but I would never go as far as to say innocent and trusting people deserved to get robbed.

Legally in Thailand handing over your wallet before having the money taken out makes it embezzlement and not theft.

Embezzlement is generally considered a minor offense and being a con is a normal profession here.

• Like 1

Reminds me of that other story not long ago, about the guy at the exchange booth who just wanted to look at the different currencies available and managed to run off with 100k (baht). Some people are just a little too trusting with complete strangers, especially in a place like this.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/723664-middle-easterner-wanted-for-theft-from-central-pattaya-money-exchange-booth/

And this story:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/688662-pattaya-police-search-for-suspected-middle-eastern-serial-thief/

In each case, a large sum of currency was handed over to a foreigner who then "lightened the load" before handing it back and running off. Boggles the mind.

Happened to me in Bangkok when I went to withdraw some money from an ATM in a pretty quiet street. I noticed two shady looking characters eyeing me - one walking towards me on the same pavement and the other hovering nearby but on the opposite side of the road. Nobody else was around. The first guy came up as I was actually putting the withdrawn cash into my wallet and spun me some yarn about being a tourist (he did actually look as if he might be Indian or Pakistani) and asked me if he could look at the Thai currency, as he had not seen it before and wasn't sure of the values of the different-coloured notes.. At the same time I saw his mate approaching from the across the road. Without a word, I pocket the wallet, turned and hi-tailed it as fast I could. Mercifully, they just stood looking after me, clearly miffed at being rumbled. Moral of the story: avoid ATMs in quiet places which make you vulnerable, particularly at night.

If you willingly hand over your wallet to strangers, you actually deserve to get robbed.

It is dumb and naive but I would never go as far as to say innocent and trusting people deserved to get robbed.

Bit like saying ladies who dress scantily or sexily on a night out deserve to get raped.

Only the seriously mentally challenged can believe crap like that.

No innocent one "deserves" a crime to be committed against them.

Bang on.

Bit ludicrous to pose the question however what would happen if they did this shit in their own country ??

I agree 100%, what an idiot giving a perfect stranger your wallet, lucky they did not take the credit cards as well. Anyway if this is true then stamp theirs passports with a 5 year ban on entering Thailand again

I'm not being an apologist for their actions, but just for parity’s sake, why aren't the minor’s faces blotted out? If these were Thai minors then their faces would be hidden or blotted out...just sayin... smile.png

Perhaps they're adult children, not minors?

What a way to raise your children.....anyway it reminds me and my wife how extremely lucky we are for NOT having/willing to do this sort of 'work'

i became aquainted with a family living in Thailand. From the Father of the family to the youngest, they brake the law, everyday. They couldn't have done these ill deeds in Pakistan. In Pakistan nobody would give them the time of day. I tried helping them and they still cheated me. It is just part of their nature, who they are, what they do. Pakistan has no monopoly on it. Though, they could teach classes. I'd name names, but they have a business and I wouldn't want to give them any kind of attention. Lord have mercy.

I'm not being an apologist for their actions, but just for parity’s sake, why aren't the minor’s faces blotted out? If these were Thai minors then their faces would be hidden or blotted out...just sayin... smile.png

Perhaps they're adult children, not minors?

Adult children could have been a possibility, but at least two of the kids are only 16 and 17 years old, the once at the far end of the sofa, they were held at the Dongtan police station yesterday. Not sure about age of the 3rd kid, but heard he and the parents are held at Soi 9 Pattaya.

As Garry says, seems that Thai reporters apply double standards when it comes to blurring faces.