Why Pattaya ?

Maigo6

How can anyone select Pattaya as the ideal retirement destination?

I was in Pattaya for a few days, the traffic is horrendous, I witnessed very old men with young Thai people................................, it must be the only International Beach resort in the world where the Police wear protective face masks to guard against the pollution in the air, (note we are talking about a beach resort)

Maybe I'm missing something.................................but christ knows what it is!

Any chance it's the Bargirls? :o

I was in Pattaya for a few days, the traffic is horrendous, I witnessed very old men with young Thai people................................, it must be the only International Beach resort in the world where the Police wear protective face masks to guard against the pollution in the air, (note we are talking about a beach resort)

Maybe I'm missing something.................................but christ knows what it is!

Mai Go Hock,

Me thinks you are bored :D

Stirring up a bit of mischief is it? :D

Trying to draw the defence league out from their burrows? :D

Naughty little go hock. :D

I witnessed very old men with young Thai people...

you answered your own silly question .

happiness , for a night , for a month , for a few years , its always in short supply , so ... grab it whilst you can. :o

So, out of curiosity, why do people choose Pattaya?

I don't live there, but enjoy going there because:

1) It's close to BKK (where I live).

2) There are a lot of things to do there--both good and bad.

3) I am not much of a beach person, but there is beach and it's close by.

4) There is such an array of good restaurants

5) It's always exciting and interesting--something to do.

6) It's very easy for foreigners--lots of English spoken.

Pattaya is a bit bigger then between Beach road and Sukhumvit....

I opened up shop about 15 km's outside of Pattaya, and I'm truly amazed how big and concentrated the Farang population (mostly retired people) is over there, basically without ever seeing them on the roads...

Most of these people still consider themselves to be living in Pattaya (well, nobody would find them if they said they were living in "Pong" :o ), but most of them only go there for shopping, dining and the biweekly "night on the town"....

I opened up shop about 15 km's outside of Pattaya, and I'm truly amazed how big and concentrated the Farang population (mostly retired people) is over there, basically without ever seeing them on the roads...

Most of these people still consider themselves to be living in Pattaya (well, nobody would find them if they said they were living in "Pong" :D ), but most of them only go there for shopping, dining and the biweekly "night on the town"....

well what do you expect in dodge city...............place is not improving :o

Any chance it's the Bargirls? :D

If you don't like it you don't go there ! :D

I don't like Somalia, Yemen or Afghanistan but I don't rant about them. :o

Naka.

Most of these people still consider themselves to be living in Pattaya (well, nobody would find them if they said they were living in "Pong" :o ), but most of them only go there for shopping, dining and the biweekly "night on the town"....

Like Monty I'm about 10 km outside Pattaya. Look at a map, almost all housing estates are east of Sukhumvit, but the average tourists never see that part of town. A week can pass without I going "into town" i.e. west of Sukhumvit - but if I need anything - supermarkets, hospitals, schools, practically anything and any western goods are avialable within an easy drive.

I agree it's not a particularly nice place to go on holiday, but that wasn't the question now, was it?

I was in Pattaya for a few days, the traffic is horrendous, I witnessed very old men with young Thai people................................,

Why do you keep torturing yourself going to a place you hate???

it must be the only International Beach resort in the world where the Police wear protective face masks to guard against the pollution in the air, They wear a face mask so that they don't have to breath in the fumes from your BS as it's pumped out to sea.

Maybe I'm missing something.................................but christ knows what it is! You are missing something, it's called "A life."

Do us all a favour, stay home......or maybe your own backyard is worse than Pattaya. :o

Pattaya is changing, since the stage coach connection fromBKK has arrived and the new Parish church at the Dolphin opened. The local Sherrif is very good and the ban on leaving your horse unteathered in walking street has helped.

The hanging noose left at the entrance to Walking Street has been move to Soi6 which gives a better impression of the town.

After last weekend shootings guns are being taken off of shoppers going into BIG MAC

The local council have decided to stop any more development putting waste into the sea and instead are digging a big hole in the beach area of Soi 8.

Can't understand why you don't like the place!!!!!

EDwood

Pattaya is changing, since the stage coach connection fromBKK has arrived and the new Parish church at the Dolphin opened. The local Sherrif is very good and the ban on leaving your horse unteathered in walking street has helped.

The hanging noose left at the entrance to Walking Street has been move to Soi6 which gives a better impression of the town.

After last weekend shootings guns are being taken off of shoppers going into BIG MAC

The local council have decided to stop any more development putting waste into the sea and instead are digging a big hole in the beach area of Soi 8.

Can't understand why you don't like the place!!!!!

EDwood

This little piggy went to market and certainly this little piggy has been smoking stuff his mommy will spank him for. :o

Aah, the bitter and twisted Pattaya Basher is back with yet another question designed to enable him to vent his spleen about the place he once chose to live in. :D

To answer his own question, all the self-acclaimed Mr "No Bullshit" has to ask himself is why he himself decided to live there.

'Maigo6' as a handle? :D

'Naa2' would be more appropriate... :D

My wife and I stumbled into Pattaya 15 years ago after travelling quite a bit around Thailand. In those days we got a nice aircon room with cable TV on Walking Street for 220 Baht a night. We could not get over how good a quality room we got for that. These days you can still get good quality rooms for around 500 baht a night.

Pattaya is not a dump, it is far easier to get around than BKK and far less polluted than BKK and further more much cheaper for great food and accommodation. I do not even bother staying in Bkk anymore and just head to Pattaya or elsewhere. Last but not least, as a world traveller I have never come across a place with so many great bars, Clubs and Go Go's and live music. I get pretty bored in country towns and when I am away I can hardly wait to get back.

In order of why I love it here I must say,

1. It is the best entertainment venue in the world.

2. The best value accommodation in Thailand.

3. The food and restaurants are just so good and cheap too.

The kind of place we both like. :o

I have said this on here before...but what the hel_l.

My wife is Chinese. It took me two years to get her to come to Patters because of the sleeze. However, she loves good food, is a fanatical golfer and has always wanted a garden of her own to grow fresh produce in retirement. If any of her needs sound about right for you ?try Pattaya. Not the center of town, leave that to the cradle snatchers and the chavs, but head inland a tad ( or a little way up the coast ) and the place is fantastic. All the facilities you would ever need on your doorstep, and I swear on my dear old Mum, four years later, the wife loves it and she has never felt the need to walk down walkin street, not a once. Funny that, all the bashers on here are fixated by the sleeze and seem to have never set foot in the fine countryside, mmmmm perhaps they are in reality an integral part of the cradle snatcher brigade, without the balls to admit it, wracked by guilt and self pity.

Don't smoke, don't drink and don't go out late at night with women..................

Don't lie either. :D

I smoke, I drink and I go out late at night with women.......... :o

I also lie so much, I make Pinnochio look like a boy scout.

I love Pattaya

Must meet up sometime, how will I know you??????

OK put a flag on the nose!

Don't smoke, don't drink and don't go out late at night with women..................

I love Pattaya

With a large long nose is it possible to drink alot?

I love Pattaya

With a large long nose is it possible to drink alot?

Elephants seem to manage, so provided Chang beer is on the menu then it should be easy enough... :D

Why waste your time going to Pattaya if you don't like it, and better still why waste your time coming on a message board for Pattaya and posting ??? Seems to me you've got a chip on your shoulder.....not turned down by a Pattaya Bar girl by any chance ???

I love Pattaya

Must meet up sometime, how will I know you??????

OK put a flag on the nose!

I'm easy to find....I'm the guy you always see enjoying himself! :D

Ah! here is Maggie again.....just has to come back to the Pattaya forum and have a bash.

Thing is Maggie everybody knows your posts by now and the rubbish that you put in them about Pattaya.....but you can`t keep away from Pattaya can you?...even for a few days!

Yes you are certainly missing something....but Pattaya will never miss the likes of you! :D

Any chance it's the Bargirls? :D

If you don't like it you don't go there ! :D

I don't like Somalia, Yemen or Afghanistan but I don't rant about them. :o

Naka.

well having been to all the places you mention i think they are far better than Pattaya!!! :D

In the centre of town the place is in an extremely bad state of repair - almost slum-like, but then so is practically everywhere in Thailand.

Slum like?.......bad state of repair?....So is practically everywhere in Thailand?

You haven`t been spending too much time in Boyztown have you?.........I heard that the place was going a bit `bums up` and could do with a refreshing cleanse :o