Thai Army dismisses socialite's military-themed birthday party

webfact

Is she not an ex heiress now,i thought her father disowned her after her contraversial speech.

Not quite ex. It was her uncle, the real power, who was so angry over the damage she did to the brand when she announced that the poor were uneducated and should not have a vote.

I expect that there were some NAZI uniforms at the party , in keeping with her political philosophy.

These are the types that own Singha? They own Leo too, don't they? Well, I'll be on the Tiger beer when in Thailand from now on. When my pals and I have a sesh on the Singha, it probably increases their share price by 5%, but I'll be letting them know not to touch the stuff as it's owned by Nazis.

Edited by Fatty123

Is she not an ex heiress now,i thought her father disowned her after her contraversial speech.

Not quite ex. It was her uncle, the real power, who was so angry over the damage she did to the brand when she announced that the poor were uneducated and should not have a vote.

I expect that there were some NAZI uniforms at the party , in keeping with her political philosophy.

These are the types that own Singha? They own Leo too, don't they? Well, I'll be on the Tiger beer when in Thailand from now on. When my pals and I have a sesh on the Singha, it probably increases their share price by 5%, but I'll be letting them know not to touch the stuff as it's owned by Nazis.

Fatty, I'm sure the Bhirombhakdi family and Boon Rawd have made announcements to the shareholders on the pending change of beer by you and your little buddies and are prepared for a market share drop. Chok dee.

• Like 2

Dressed in military gear. What a party. Geez.

That was just the birthday party. The celebratory dinner (after the final, final, final, final push) at the 4 Garcons ( an unpretentious boat noodle shop in Bangkok, I believe) had the same idiots dressed up in camouflage shirts with Burapha Phayak on the back. The Big I am wasn't to impressed about that apparently, especially when regular chats with the Big I am were mentioned.

Edited by TheDiva

Dressed in military gear. What a party. Geez.

That was just the birthday party. The celebratory dinner (after the final, final, final, final push) at the 4 Garcons ( an unpretentious boat noodle shop in Bangkok, I believe) had the same idiots dressed up in camouflage shirts with Burapha Phayak on the back. The Big I am wasn't to impressed about that apparently, especially when regular chats with the Big I am were mentioned.

pretentious - I think that basically sums up the lot of them

Ahh Chitpas. Typical ignorant to anything outside of your rich little bubble socialite, thinking you know what's best for the nation when you really haven't got a clue, even with your British education.

She'd never win on a Dem PM ticket after that 'poor to stupid to vote' line. She is some serious eye candy though, wouldn't mind her face plastered everywhere cos she'd lose anyway cheesy.gif

'Yay for the military coup party!' - just read that and let it sink in.

Oh, I don't know .... if she ran in a Bangkok constituency, she'd romp home.

I wonder if it would be the same response if it had been a PheuThai party spokespersons birthday party?

I can imagine a lot but a Pheu Thai figure with Military Style birthday party? With fireworks provided free of charge by some peaceful UDD supporters? That's really stretching my imagination

As even students and so wear NAZI attributes at times, it would seem it has nothing to do with political philosophy. Also no info on that in the OP. Mind you, the young and beautiful do funny things at times, like that British royal a while ago.

• Like 1

Did I not read not that long ago that a Thai actor was arrested for wearing a military uniform on the set of a film. Seems like a double standard to me if that is the case.

Seems like you need a memory refreshment.

"Police claim locals along Soi Lat Phrao 41 filed a complaint after seeing a man, later identified as 26-year-old actor Patchara Soonthornwipat, in a military uniform wandering around a gas station."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/769150-thai-actor-playing-soldier-part-arrested-for-wearing-military-uniform/

Ahh Chitpas. Typical ignorant to anything outside of your rich little bubble socialite, thinking you know what's best for the nation when you really haven't got a clue, even with your British education.

She'd never win on a Dem PM ticket after that 'poor to stupid to vote' line. She is some serious eye candy though, wouldn't mind her face plastered everywhere cos she'd lose anyway cheesy.gif

Can't image she'd be a hit up in the provinces where she basically insulted their intelligence though...

"According to Col. Winthai, the military only prosecutes those who don military outfits in an effort to fool others for the purpose of exploitation.

The dress-up theme at Chitpas’ party appeared to be for entertainment purposes only, he said."

Wouldn't this come under civil law, or perhaps the absolute powers cover everything?

Why on earth would impersonating a police/military officer come under civil law?

Look at the uniforms - do you think Japanese military still wear WW2 uniforms.

You are as bad as the Thaksin owned joke news source that reported this.

Fatty, I'm sure the Bhirombhakdi family and Boon Rawd have made announcements to the shareholders on the pending change of beer by you and your little buddies and are prepared for a market share drop. Chok dee

Fair enough etc. However, if her comments regarding the poor and then mocking them became common knowledge for western tourists, I think it might cause Boon Rawd a few quid. I've heard (not sure if true, but heard it a few times now) quite a few of those Korat and beyond already boycott the company.

When will Chitipas be charged with treason and go to trial?

The same time as Suthep.....NEVER!

And they're way behind in the queue - Thaksin is in front of them along with those charming arsonist red shirt "leaders".

You do know that Suthep MORE than gives Thaksin a run for his money in the old corruption stakes right? The man is detested by his own party for goodness sake cheesy.gif

Difference is he will NEVER get punished for it.

• Like 1

I'm sure a few days in the heels & hot pants of a young dark skinned Isaan girl would bring her back to reality... I Wonder what bar she'd be working without her back ground..? Chity voice of the masses, I hope she is forever remembered for her hate speach and the campaign for true democracy...???

• Like 2

I'm sure a few days in the heels & hot pants of a young dark skinned Isaan girl would bring her back to reality... I Wonder what bar she'd be working without her back ground..? Chity voice of the masses, I hope she is forever remembered for her hate speach and the campaign for true democracy...

I'll give you a clue - it won't serve Chang or Leo!

After the electoral reforms are finished she would probably win in Issan! Edited by JAG

After the electoral reforms are finished she would probably win in Issan!

You must vote Chitpas stupid hick she's rich and is better than you... uhh we mean... knows what's good for you.

PS please but her beer again, she'd like another sports car.

Sadly, one of the uniforms in the picture is that of a WWII era Japanese soldier.

Hardly, the brightest move considering the number of slave workers who died building the railway up country.

It's a shame the Thais do not know their own history.

The Seri Thai anti-Japanese guerrillas numbered 50,000, most of them recruited from the rural poor and aided by Buddhist monks. They passed vital information to the Allies and took part in commando operations alongside the British. Many of these poor Thais put themselves in grave danger spying on the Japanese and offering armed resistance to them, resulting in thousands being executed by Thailand's occupiers. It seems strange that Thailand doesn't make more of this positive aspect of their WW2 history.

The Seri Thai anti-Japanese guerrillas operated without the Thai government's support and hunted down by government armed forces on behalf of its Japanese partners. I don't think Thailand wants to recognize the validity of essentially militias independent from the government military. Might encourage civil war?

• Like 1

Ok rubl so I missed the part that about him going to the gas station. I don't see how him being arrested is any different than some elitist not being arrested for wearing a military uniform except for the fact that she probably has more powerful friends than the actor.

• Like 1