So how much the price of concrete ?

SurinBeach

In Muang Buriram, to the rear of the Buriram Builders Merchants store Ruangsangthai I have bought ready mix concrete in January 2015 in both large delivery cement trucks and the small concrete ready mix delivery truck, with a slump test and printed batch report. The concrete ready mix trucks did not drive more than 20 kl from the Buriram concrete batching plant so the cost might be higher if the delivery trucks were to travel a greater distance in Buriram province. The cost I was quoted in English in person at Ruangsangthai Builders merchants was 1499 baht per cube for 180 KSC or 1649 for 210 KSC concrete, 1699 baht for 240 KSC ready mixed concrete, 1749 baht for 280 KSC ready mix concrete or 1849 baht for 300 KSC ready mixed concrete. That was for a 82 cube larger than Surin Beach posted. The Buriram Concrete batching plant is less than one year old and has computers inside that control the mix. Plasticizer and other additives were offered if needed at this Buriram concrete batching plant. The prices must be similar at other lower overhead high volume family owned concrete dealers in Isaan. Certainly seems a better price than the OP was quoted in Surin on Phuket island. I did get a price quote from CPAC Cement in Buriram to compare prices prior to placing my order of ready mixed concrete. Perhaps on Phuket island is a family owned lower overhead ready mix dealer with a modern concrete batching plant that can offer a lower price for Surin Beach.

post-20604-0-22075900-1424326930_thumb.j

In Muang Buriram, to the rear of the Buriram Builders Merchants store Ruangsangthai I have bought ready mix concrete in January 2015 in both large delivery cement trucks and the small concrete ready mix delivery truck, with a slump test and printed batch report. The concrete ready mix trucks did not drive more than 20 kl from the Buriram concrete batching plant so the cost might be higher if the delivery trucks were to travel a greater distance in Buriram province. The cost I was quoted in English in person at Ruangsangthai Builders merchants was 1499 baht per cube for 180 KSC or 1649 for 210 KSC concrete, 1699 baht for 240 KSC ready mixed concrete, 1749 baht for 280 KSC ready mix concrete or 1849 baht for 300 KSC ready mixed concrete. That was for a 82 cube larger than Surin Beach posted. The Buriram Concrete batching plant is less than one year old and has computers inside that control the mix. Plasticizer and other additives were offered if needed at this Buriram concrete batching plant. The prices must be similar at other lower overhead high volume family owned concrete dealers in Isaan. Certainly seems a better price than the OP was quoted in Surin on Phuket island. I did get a price quote from CPAC Cement in Buriram to compare prices prior to placing my order of ready mixed concrete. Perhaps on Phuket island is a family owned lower overhead ready mix dealer with a modern concrete batching plant that can offer a lower price for Surin Beach.

"1499 baht per cube for 180 KSC"

Sorry... what is a 'cube' and what is 'KSC' ?

"1499 baht per cube for 180 KSC"

Sorry... what is a 'cube' and what is 'KSC' ?

Cube: 1 cubic meter

KSC: Compressive strength, 180 is very lightweight stuff.

I paid 1740 per cube for 210 KSC in Kalasin last week. Ordered a total of 85 cube.

You should do a lot shopping around. I had quotes starting at 2000 baht first.

85 cubic metres is a lot of concrete and will require a lot of people to manage when pouring- what are you building?

I paid 1740 per cube for 210 KSC in Kalasin last week. Ordered a total of 85 cube.

85 cubic metres is a lot of concrete and will require a lot of people to manage when pouring- what are you building?

building a pig farm in Kalasin. This was just the concrete for the floor.

when I asked CPAC in KPG, they were not able to offer me aprice in CBM,

they said they calculate only CBF ( cubicfeed ? )

how i can convert ??

Weird, everyone I've ever spoken to about readymix has priced in cubic metres, but KPG is a law unto itself.

CBF is probably cubic feet, there are about 36 cubic feet to the cubic metre.

when I asked CPAC in KPG, they were not able to offer me aprice in CBM,

they said they calculate only CBF ( cubicfeed ? )

how i can convert ??

Weird, everyone I've ever spoken to about readymix has priced in cubic metres, but KPG is a law unto itself.

CBF is probably cubic feet, there are about 36 cubic feet to the cubic metre.

One cubic foot equals 0.02832 cubic meter.

the higher the MPA (concrete powder in the mix) the more water tight ....

don't let them add water prior to pour or after it hits the ground ...

a water proof membrane (can be painted on by brush) will (hopefully) cover vagaries in a) MPA, B) too much slump (water in mix) and overall quality of mix, pour and finish

• 6 months later...

I visit a residential building site between my current home and a village project my wife is organizing. This two floor building seems to have proper rebar, proper rented shuttering and ready mixed delivered concrete was sent to the 2nd floor via a concrete pumper truck. The home builder told my wife that the concrete supplier in Buriram provided a boom pump truck and crew for 12,000 baht for the day. I've asked around and several articulated boom pump trucks are available if you ask your concrete supplier. It beats the heck out of the bucket by bucket method used by the builder of my current home in Buriram Province. The same home also had received several loads of concrete via a crane and bucket last month. I'll make it a point to check which builders merchants can offer a concrete crane bucket or a concrete boom pump truck at a price that makes sense for my next home. It has been my observation that buying concrete is easy, but putting the concrete where you want with minimum problems is a challenge in Thailand.

post-20604-0-52588100-1442070625_thumb.j

post-20604-0-32463400-1442070683_thumb.j

post-20604-0-86174000-1442070770_thumb.j

post-20604-0-81756100-1442070927_thumb.j

Hi Robert. I'm 11km out from Kalasin towards Lam Pao Dam and will need con rete in a few days. Can you tell me where you bought your concrete and how they proved the 210 ksc?

Edited by doglover

Hi Robert. I'm 11km out from Kalasin towards Lam Pao Dam and will need con rete in a few days. Can you tell me where you bought your concrete and how they proved the 210 ksc?

can't remember the shop I bought it from but it was one of them on the main road when you drive from Yang Talat to Sarahkam. There are about 4 shops and it was one on the right side of the road when you drive towards Sarahkam.

I recommend you just go shopping around and take some time to compare prices and choose the cheapest one. I didn't check the KSC personally but the constructor did sample when the trucks came. Not sure whether he sampled each truck or not. Also remember the price I quoted was back in January, so no idea what the current price for concrete is.

I drove past the shop today. The name is Auto Concrete Sales. They have different branches in Kalasin and Sarakham provinces. I couldn't find a webpage from them. But when you drive from Yang Talat over Kantarawichai to Sarahkam, the shop is about half way between Kantarawichai and Sarakham.

hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Robert! May your pigs grow fat and juicy!

I drove past the shop today. The name is Auto Concrete Sales. They have different branches in Kalasin and Sarakham provinces. I couldn't find a webpage from them. But when you drive from Yang Talat over Kantarawichai to Sarahkam, the shop is about half way between Kantarawichai and Sarakham.

hope this helps.

• 1 year later...
On 19/02/2015 at 8:27 PM, Robert24 said:

Hello Robert24,

For you're 85 Cubes, can you please help me and tell me the sort of area and depth that covered?

I am doing a building project of my own at the moment and I have a large walkway area to concrete, so I am trying to work out aprox how much this will cost.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards.

On 2/23/2015 at 6:11 AM, IMHO said:

If you want to be sure of the quality, order actual CPAC brand.

Call 02-555-5555 and they will put you onto the closest CPAC dealer.

and even then ask for a slump test as they WILL send you P*ss, dont be afraid to reject it when they do, after a few  attempts they WILL get it  right.............lay a plastic  sheet  under the pour  also doesnt  matter what plastic any ole  stuff  will do to slow  down the cure  time by not  letting the soil suck out all the water..........note  concrete  vibrator  also

20130820_091817.jpg

Edited by kannot

On 11/9/2016 at 10:40 AM, Davemcdavidjnr said:

Hello Robert24,

For you're 85 Cubes, can you please help me and tell me the sort of area and depth that covered?

I am doing a building project of my own at the moment and I have a large walkway area to concrete, so I am trying to work out aprox how much this will cost.

Regards.

1  cube 10cm  thick covers 10 m2

Hello Robert24,
Regards.

Sorry just saw your post now. Kannot is right, the depth is about about 8-10cm. But bear in mind you will use some more around the pillars. So all in all I guess an average of 10cm is a good calculation. In my case it was a bit more than 850 m2 at the end.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect