Briton jumps to his death from Pattaya condo room

Thaivisa News

This is from the local press back home in the UK (Newcastle upon Tyne area to be specific) - also, scroll down towards the bottom for the initial article. Makes for curious reading, especially with the lad being on benefits :-

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/thai-girlfriend-tells-heartache-after-8744697

(As a slight aside, most people including my family would not know you needed a visa or a visa waiver stamp for Thailand, let alone that you could overstay.)

This is from the local press back home in the UK (Newcastle upon Tyne area to be specific) - also, scroll down towards the bottom for the initial article. Makes for curious reading, especially with the lad being on benefits :-

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/thai-girlfriend-tells-heartache-after-8744697

(As a slight aside, most people including my family would not know you needed a visa or a visa waiver stamp for Thailand, let alone that you could overstay.)

It look like the benefits in th UK are very good! Traveling to Thailand 4 times a year.

Man I hate it that I was born in the wrong country and had to work for my money.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It look like the benefits in th UK are very good! Traveling to Thailand 4 times a year.

Man I hate it that I was born in the wrong country and had to work for my money.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm willing to bet this story is not as it seems. Thee is simply no way someone could travel to Thailand on long holidays simply on 'benefits' money. He must have had substantial undeclared savings or income from another source - maybe the dark economy. Wouldn't want dutchissan to get the wrong impression.

RIP.

A condo at wang amat beach !!! you bet its expensive. any these days any greedy person will go all out to grab it any way its possible.

One simple bottle of beer makes few of the security guards very happy or a small tips, wondering if offered a big amount what can be done...???

Call me cynical still the story doesnt seem right.

Remember like the story of a farang who was shot dead and the security guard and the manager claimed it was on self defense but later the CCTV footage from the other establishment clearly showed how the murder was staged and planted upon.

Are you saying there's something sinister about this and it wasn't suicide .... ?

I think that is exactly what he is implying; that there is some "Thainess" about this and their willingness to lie will forever hide the truth of just about anything.

How about you? Have you ever heard or read a confession from a Thai that he, she or they pushed the foreigner, or threw the foreigner over the balcony rail, or hung them up, hacked them to pieces on a beach, raped, robbed, shot, stabbed, kicked, punched, framed, embezzled, extorted, blackmailed, lied to, etc.?

Have you ever heard or read them accept blame personally for any wrongdoing over a crime committed, whereas the foreigner was innocent?

I think the poster has a lot of merit to be skeptical; a lot more than you have to believe anything they utter or put into print.

There is nothing wrong with being skeptical in a country where lies are considered a woven in part of the culture, and therefore entirely fitting to suit any demand or need.

Simply my take on this.

Replace 'Thai' with Brit,Yank,Frog,German,Swiss etc etc etc - Whats your point ?

Are you suggesting crimes only occur in Thailand ?

That not guilty pleas are never netered in countries outside Thailand which are then found guilty ?

Wow some of you really need to leave Thailand - you are going mental !

I agree 100%.

Just for instance, how would the comments be for a similar incident in Thailand or any other 3rd world country? And this happened in the worlds #1 country! >>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Tamir_Rice

coffee1.gif

Edited by ravip