Unbeatable record at Jomtien Immigration..

bobobo

Whereas on Monday around 1pm, the queue was 15 people deep just to get in the door and there was a 30 minute wait for the 90 day reporting with all seats full and standing room only for counter 3. But I confess that was the only time in the last few years that it took more than 5 minutes to do this task.

Whereas on Monday around 1pm, the queue was 15 people deep just to get in the door and there was a 30 minute wait for the 90 day reporting with all seats full and standing room only for counter 3. But I confess that was the only time in the last few years that it took more than 5 minutes to do this task.

6 minutes?

Really really hard to beat the service in Chiang Rai.

(I posted this the other day, but then never saw it on the site.)

ED visa extension.

Everyone very friendly, no "testing" of my Thai abilities, and including getting a reentry permit, I was in and out in 45 minutes.

The head of my school says that some immigration offices do definitely give students a hard time.

Charlie

Same Tuesday, took me 40 minutes!

Tuesday about 3.30pm about 7 minutes - and then only that long as she was not at her desk when I arrived and then her printer would not initially work thumbsup.gif

Nobody queuing after me.

Passport only at Jontiem now ,very quick , can we do it online in this area ?

Did my first marriage extension on Wednesday, no problems. Ask the lady (well my wife did) on the 3 months report desk about online reporting, she said no, but can report by mail.

Unbeatable record at Jomtien Immigration..

Good report, but I'm not sure if it's unbeatable. I did my annual extension of stay in December in under ten minutes from the time I walked into the office... although to be fair I did have to go back the next day to collect my passport ... which took two or three minutes after I reached the office.

I am thinking about coming to live in Thailand and would like to know if some one could tell me how much it cost for a retirement visa? i already have my non immigrant "o" visa ad i am older 50 years old and have a retirement income of $3,250.00 per month and in good health.

Thank you for your reply

I am thinking about coming to live in Thailand and would like to know if some one could tell me how much it cost for a retirement visa? i already have my non immigrant "o" visa ad i am older 50 years old and have a retirement income of $3,250.00 per month and in good health.

Thank you for your reply

At current exchange rates you qualify for either an O-A visa (option to start/not required) or retirement extensions in Thailand based on your income alone. The cost for annual extensions is 1900 baht. For costs of an O-A visa, check the Thai embassy website in your home country. Medical form is needed for the O-A but not needed for extensions. Being in good health in general is not required for either but there are few specific conditions supposedly not allowed for the O-A, for example alcoholism if I recall.

For more specific advice, suggest you start a topic on the Thai visa subforum when you're ready to start with this.

Edited by Jingthing

They still need a bigger building.

More staff.

More Desk stations, epically for extension ( 1-2 station )

We need restricted access to applicants only.

And stop the visa agents walking in with wads of passports or a station just for that BS.

All that said, they do a good job , its better than soi 7 years ago !!!!!!!wai2.gif

Edited by Rimmer