New requirement for Non-Im Mariage Visa in Pattaya !

I just come back from the thai immigration in Jomtien to extend 1 year my Non-Im mariage visa.

What is new is that they asked me now to bring a thai neighboor or friend to attest that I'm living with my wife.

They asked me also that this thais citizen will have to show a Tabian Ban registered in Pattaya !

PS:

- this is my 3rd extention and they never asked me that before

- my wife has a tabian ban registered in Pattaya (Nongprue)

- I asked allready 1 neighboor and 3 thai friends to come, but none of them has a tabian ban registered in Pattaya !

That is certainly an odd, strange and new requirement.

It might be hard to find somebody with a tambien ban for Pattaya.

I guess all you can do is keep trying.

Becoming more common. To get my extention of stay for visiting my daughter I was asked to bring along the village headman to attest that I and my GF were living together, which is even more odd as there is no requirement to live with the GF or my daughter, the extention is to visit my daughter!

OP, try finding out who the headman is and see is he will come along with you, perhaps for few bahts!

The extension is not for visiting your daughter, it is for living with her, respectively for her living with you, the two of you living together as family members.

It is a visa, which you get from a Thai consulate, that is for visiting your daughter, ie you live outside Thailand and travel to Thailand to visit your daughter who lives in that country.

The extension is not for visiting your daughter, it is for living with her, respectively for her living with you, the two of you living together as family members.

It is a visa, which you get from a Thai consulate, that is for visiting your daughter, ie you live outside Thailand and travel to Thailand to visit your daughter who lives in that country.

Ok but visiting your daughter for more then 3+2 months means you have to live with her? What happens if you divorce with the mother and or having a very unpleasant relation with the mother. You come to Thailand and want to live at least near your children and need the Non-O and extension to get a work-permit because of the lesser restrictions. I was very confused that the mother of my child even if we were not married always needed to be attend at every of "MY" Non-O visa extensions....I had enough documents from court and amphoe which states me as father but Mama has always to be attended...

Edited by SoFarAndNear