Re-entry permit/stamp at the the airport?

Was told you could get your re-entry permit at the airport when departing. I am booked to depart on February 25 return March 29. My 90 check-in is set for April 27.

Do I need to get my re-entry permit at the local Samut Prakan office or can I get it as I've been told by a friend at the airport?

As usual thanks in advance.

Also found this. So I guess the answer is yes.

If you have an extension of stay but would like to travel outside Thailand for a short period then you will need to apply for a Re-Entry permit. Unlike before that this can be secured at the airport, Immigration rules have changed and you can now apply for a re-entry permit at the following:

When applying for a re-entry permit you will need to submit the following:

• A completed TM-8 form
  • The correct fee
  • A 2″ photo
  • Photocopy of passport (main page and atest entry stamp)

The current fees for re-entry permits are as follows:

• 1,000 Baht for single
  • 3,800 Baht for multiple

Re-entry permits can be applied for in person or by an agent at Thai Immigration, Soi Suan Phlu, Sathorn Tai, Bangkok. If an agent is used a letter of attorney is required.

The processing time at Thai Immigration Suan Pluh, can vary from 1 hour to half a day, so if you prefer to queue, apply before lunch so you can pick it up later the same day.

A pick up can be made by courier as long as the green receipt is produced.

There is another convenient option if you are in Bangkok and have access to the internet, you can fill out out the TM-8form and email it to [email protected] at least one day in advance. You must then attend the Immigration office at Suan Phlu and submit a 2″ photo and the correct fee at counter 7.

Please remember when arriving back into Thailand, you must note the re-entry permit number on the Immigration.

Also found this. So I guess the answer is yes.

If you have an extension of stay but would like to travel outside Thailand for a short period then you will need to apply for a Re-Entry permit. Unlike before that this can be secured at the airport, Immigration rules have changed and you can now apply for a re-entry permit at the following:

When applying for a re-entry permit you will need to submit the following:

• A completed TM-8 form
  • The correct fee
  • A 2″ photo
  • Photocopy of passport (main page and atest entry stamp)

The current fees for re-entry permits are as follows:

• 1,000 Baht for single
  • 3,800 Baht for multiple

Re-entry permits can be applied for in person or by an agent at Thai Immigration, Soi Suan Phlu, Sathorn Tai, Bangkok. If an agent is used a letter of attorney is required.

The processing time at Thai Immigration Suan Pluh, can vary from 1 hour to half a day, so if you prefer to queue, apply before lunch so you can pick it up later the same day.

A pick up can be made by courier as long as the green receipt is produced.

There is another convenient option if you are in Bangkok and have access to the internet, you can fill out out the TM-8form and email it to [email protected] at least one day in advance. You must then attend the Immigration office at Suan Phlu and submit a 2″ photo and the correct fee at counter 7.

Please remember when arriving back into Thailand, you must note the re-entry permit number on the Immigration.

That info is way out of date, Suan Pluh immigrration closed years ago. There is also no more applications by email.

You cannot apply at all immigration offices if you are on an extension of stay.

About the only thing correct is the form number and fees.

• Like 1