Dozen wounded as car bomb rips through southern Thai town

webfact

Inflammatory posts have been removed.

The best post I ever made was removed from TV. The other day the best comment I ever made in an editorial in local small town newspaper, was also censored. They weren't bad. The censors didn't agree with them. Neither were inflammatory.

Thank you for the time nd space of expression.

Incidents vary depending on the year, they rise and fall of their own accord and its pretty disingenuous to suggest its any more than a going to ground whilst and during the coup and post since theres martial law throughout the country which no doubt has some effect on the south as well as everywhere else. Just where are you getting your statistics from ? and dont tell me the Junta.

The army has had the mandate to control the south for years, and failed along with everyone else, its failure is also the very same and current Junta in charge.

A Junta claim because it says so does not make it true....... indeed setting a clear example for lying.... "this is not a coup"

1,298 in 2013 to 793 in 2014. The sad thing is wether it was or was not not will be irrespective of the belief that you won't believe it. Just like a majority that does not support your agenda.

​Facts are not a strong point for you heay….Beliefs are.

The next logical PTP conclusions is it was floods that stopped the terrorism in the deep south.

Then reduction in terrorism in Bangkok was due, not to the Junta, but the red shirts deciding to cease the killing right?

Any story or link that proves me wrong is fake right?

Why even defend my point or argue facts.You will dismiss them,

Your disrespect for the majority why reform is needed.

I don't think Englishoak is the one with an agenda here...

So now you change the subject because I was right that the Junta has made progress. Dismiss that and have a crack at me...

He asked what progress the Junta made having doubted it. I presented the statistics that show they have in fact made process and I have the agenda???

Never in the history of fatalities in the South have they gone done this much. Never...

I am basing my findings on facts..So where is the agenda?

And I highlighted what the Junta have implemented that have contributed to this and all I get in reply is a feverish denial it was the Junta that is responsible for it. Some have even stated it was the flooding! The flooding!! To reiterate they have said the flooding is the reason for the reduction. Not that the Junta had given ownership over security to the locals or that the Junta have aggressively "hunted" the terrorists. No…None of that….The weather!!! The floods…

Come on mate.

The ironic thing is that those same people that denounce the Junta for stopping the terrorism in Bangkok and reducing it in the South are the very same people that support the UDD who were responsible for the terrorism in Bangkok.

Before these people even know it they will be supporting ISIS if they were elected in Syria! And if ISIS was as corrupt as the PTP then well. Dreams do come true!!!

Keeping a Country alive , from one minute to the next and at peace with other nations, That's progress.

I can't understand why the US government doesn't seem as concerned about all the deaths in the south as much as they do getting Yinluck back into power.*

____

*Then again, I didn't even know "guttersnipe" was a word until yesterday.

We just had an article on TV talking about what a great place Hat Yai is to visit and live...there was two or three farangs with businesses telling everyone that if you are reluctant to come because of the violence...you are not a real man...wai2.gif

This has been going on since the Kingdom of Siam conquered the region in 1785. An upsurge in the insurgency took place in 2001 and has been escalating ever since.

Will Thailand relent and give up the land it conquered four centuries ago? I doubt it somehow, so expect more of the same for probably decades to come.

Thailand conquered 4 centuries ago? I suggest you read up.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I read recently that on a global scale 95% of deaths by terrorist attacks claim the lives of Muslims....... alt=blink.png>

And when people point out that in the "vast majority of cases Muslims are peace loving respectful people", then I ask why the (deleted by me) do they not do something about the ones that are not peace loving and respectful....?

Why does it take the rest of planet earth to rush around saving lives and peacekeeping all over the place ?

Now that the UK and USA are not joining in the fight the locals are having to do it themselves. i.e. Egypt in Libya and Jordon in Syria. And about time to.

If these insurgents in the South want to live in a Muslim state. Why do they not just head more South? they then have the choice of Malaysia and Indonesia...easy.

Maybe because they were living in a Muslim state before the Kingdom of Siam conquered the Muslims. Since the creation of "Thailand", Muslims have had to live under the shadow of a Buddhist government that actively promotes and protects Buddhism. Furthermore, the Thai Head of State must be a Buddhist.

The USA belonged to the Redskins before white people came. I don't see the Indians blowing up stuff. Muslims blow up Muslims and anyone else they can find because of this stuff. The binding truth is that Muslims don't like anybody that is not Muslim.

Don't bother the rest of the world about what happened 4 centuries ago.

There's a lot going on in the South. Very little of it has to do with Islam.

We saw a first significant step in dealing with some of the issues not too long ago. People who were highly connected through marriage are no longer running criminal enterprises.

Expect more stories of a similar nature to come to light in the near future. People who were untouchable in the past are now running scared.

The Muslim Malaysians believe that this part of southern Thailand belongs to them. They will never stop their murderous intent to get it back. It is the same in Ukraine with the Russians. IMHO the Thais should make a deal with Malaysia to sell the land back to them and then put tight border control to prevent homicidal and murderous elements of the Muslim faith from entering the Kingdom. That will probably not happen but the least they could do is follow the money trail to those that are funding radical Islam in south Thailand. But we already know who is sponsoring them. In all it is a shame and an ever continuing blight on this beautiful country.

What a remarkable show of ignorance.

'Muslim Malaysians' you call them, for a start... Pattana, Yala, Naratiwat, 'Muslim Malaysians' ? You're totally out of it, Mister.

Seems like he's nailed it pretty good to me. They are Muslim, definitely of Malay descent. What is your problem? The world doesn't dote on them enough?

Religion of pieces

I've been saying for months,...the junta needs to forget about persecuting Yingluck and the Northern Thai,...the real enemy of the Bangkok Elite is in the Muslim South. Go visit Krabi, Phi Phi, Phuket, Trang,...unhappy Muslims, and growing daily,...unhappy Muslims that don't like the King. Unhappy Muslims making everyone listen to their prayers. The Northern Thai love their King.

Instead of the NCPO alienating the Northern Thai,...they should embracing the Northern Rural Majority, before the Northern Rural Majority tells the NCPO to go fight their own war with the Muslim South.

I've already made two trips to the South this year,...far too many Muslims,...way too much unhappiness,...everything seems tense. Muslims want to convert Buddhists.

Since when have muslims ever been happy.

When a bomb goes off and kills people.

This has been going on since the Kingdom of Siam conquered the region in 1785. An upsurge in the insurgency took place in 2001 and has been escalating ever since.

Will Thailand relent and give up the land it conquered four centuries ago? I doubt it somehow, so expect more of the same for probably decades to come.

It's not about the land, it's about some autonomy. They are, after all, ethnically and culturally different. The language, customs, and religion are different from the rest of Thailand.

Then they should move but they won't do that. They'd rather stay and kill people.

We saw a first significant step in dealing with some of the issues not too long ago. People who were highly connected through marriage are no longer running criminal enterprises.

Expect more stories of a similar nature to come to light in the near future. People who were untouchable in the past are now running scared.

It has everything to do with the Cult and the Followers of Islam

It has everything to do with the Cult and the Followers of Islam

You are welcome to believe what you will. Pay attention to events that happened in the South recently and more that will be occurring soon. I expect your opinion will change