Wanted Phuket drug kingpin busted with meth, pistol, M16 and ammunition

Lite Beer

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1424429218_1.jpg

PHUKET: A wanted Phuket drug dealer is in custody after police raided his Rassada home yesterday, seizing an M16 rifle, a pistol, ammunition and a substantial amount of Crystal Meth (Ya Ice) and Meth pills (Ya Ba).

The suspect, Surasak “Boo” Rabiapdee, 32 was presented to the press this morning (February 20), following his arrest last night.

Known commonly by the alias Boo Manik (Manik is a locale in Thalang), the suspect has been wanted since June, 2013, when he was involved in a car accident with a Phuket town official, before fleeing the scene, but leaving a lot of booty behind.

In that incident, which occurred at 6am on June 21, 2013, Boo Manik was said to have left behind 4,580 Ya Ba pills and 50 grams of Ya Ice, along with a gun and 22 bullets in car.

Police said that he had a long criminal record involving drug dealings in Phuket, and has long been suspected and wanted for supplying other dealers in Phuket city and other areas nearby.

His arrest followed one of his underlings, Sorasak “Jo” Sukjai, being nabbed by Phuket police with two Ya ba pills on February 18.

Following interrogations, Jo supplied police with details about Boo, and his wherabouts.

Boo was at home with a spouse at the time of the ensuing raid, in which officers found and seized another 1,135 pills of Ya Ba, just under 8 grammes of Ya Ice, an M16 rifle with 155 bullets, and a .32 caliber pistol with 55 bullets, among other items.

Boo has been charged for possession of Schedule 1 drugs with intent to sell, as well as possession of guns without permits.

On top of this, he was also charged for violations in the hit-and-run case of 2013.

At the conference, Boo, whose eyes showed no remorse, told reporters loudly: “I decided to be in the drug business because I don’t want to work for B200 per day. And, I have been in the business for a long time … I have guns for hurting bad people.”

Pol Col Peerayut Karajedi, Deputy Commander of Phuket Police concluded, “He will be investigated for other drug connections.”

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/wanted-phuket-drug-kingpin-busted-with-meth-pistol-m16-and-ammunition-51111.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-02-20

• Like 1

Well done the Police.

And I never seen Police smiling up until now.

His arrest followed one of his underlings, Sorasak “Jo” Sukjai, being nabbed by Phuket police. They have been looking for him for yonks, how can that be well done?

I see, he would send their tea money via bank transfer or pay pal. They are only smiling, because they are going to get one hell of a pay day.

I think this is the 3rd or 4th bust of a drug dealer with a M3. I wonder where they are getting them from or are they being recycled?

I agree, you would think the serial numbers would be traceable, but we may not want to know where they originated from. I would think most of the neighbouring, ex communist countries would be using AK´s

They got the other guy with 2 pills and he spilled the beans on this guy, he. Is a dead man walking now. Can you imagine what the whistle blower went through to give that information.

Don't care what you say about the Thai Police, they do get great results when they want to, keep it up GUYS. WELL DONE.

It seems strange to me that they make mention of the pistol and the M-16 but nothing said about the M3 (A1?). I would be more scared of that being waved about in a confined space than the other two.

At first i thought it may have been an airsoft but looking at the magazine on the table, that looks like the real deal.

Of course the police could just be telling him he isn't a proper main man until he has one of these.......................wink.png

Who knows?

funny how people see catching criminals like this as a success on the war on drugs. Seems to me the criminal himself is a product of the war on drugs.

Decriminalize drugs, help addicts, and end crime.

Edited by wlcart