Biden: Russia can't claim separatists alone behind attacks

Lite Beer

WASHINGTON (AP) — Vice President Joe Biden says Russia can't keep hiding behind the "false claim" that separatists are solely responsible for recent military operations in eastern Ukraine.

Biden spoke by phone Friday with Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko and Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk. The White House says Biden strongly condemned an offensive by separatists in the town of Debaltseve. Biden says Russian troops operating in Ukraine directly supported that offensive in "blatant violation" of peace agreements.

The White House says the leaders also discussed ways a cease-fire deal can be monitored and the withdrawal of heavy weapons ensured. Biden says the separatists have denied access to international monitors.

The calls come as Ukraine's government and the separatists are blaming each other for dozens of violations of the fragile cease-fire.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-02-21

The Russian troop issue could be easily solved. Simply count up the prisoners being exchanged and see how many of them are Russian regulars. I doubt that any of them are but you would think Kiev would make a major effort to capture some Russians.

• Like 1

The Russian troop issue could be easily solved. Simply count up the prisoners being exchanged and see how many of them are Russian regulars. I doubt that any of them are but you would think Kiev would make a major effort to capture some Russians.

Do you think the rebels suddenly acquired the skills and manufactured all the heavy weapons and technology they have been using on their own ?

Of course the Russians are behind it, that is a no brainer - offense/defence heavy weapons and technology plus the manpower to support it, a bit like the current air campaign against ISIS in the middle east - the only thing they didn't provide was air support because that can not be easily concealed or denied.

Putin wants his Soviet Union (USSR) back and will do anything to stop the expansion of the EU - even war. A very dangerous situation indeed

• Like 1

They have captured Russian troops inside Ukraine. And sightings have been reported. Can't ignore the facts, and Putin has been know to lie about these things in the past. He doesn't have a good track record for telling the truth.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/28/ukraine-accuses-russia-invading-south-east-help-rebels

Russia's denials appear increasingly flimsy. When the Guardian saw a Russian armoured column cross the border two weeks ago, the foreign ministry and local security services denied any incursion had taken place, saying it was a border patrol that had not strayed into Ukrainian territory.

Earlier this week, when 10 Russian paratroopers were captured well inside Ukraine, sources in the defence ministry also said they had been part of a border patrol that had got lost and entered Ukraine "by accident".

The head of the self-declared Donetsk People's Republic, Alexander Zakharchenko, admitted on Thursday that there are serving Russian soldiers among his fighters, but claimed they were volunteers who were taking a holiday in the region.

"Among the Russian volunteers there are many former soldiers, who are fighting alongside us and understand that it's their duty," said Zakharchenko in an interview with Russian television. "And moreover, I'll say it openly, we also have current soldiers, who decided to take their holidays not on the beach, but among us."

The one very good thing to come from all this is that Putin's invasion has belled the cat. The Russians, after all, are still the Russians. Oafish, clumsy, stuck in the 1950s, with a civilian economy well on its way back to bland Soviet era impoverishment. "Made in Russia," the world's worst advertising brand.

They have captured dozens of them with Russian passports. But they claim to be volunteers or local residents with Russian passports. And several months ago there were many reports of Russian movement at the border of Ukraine. No-brainer that Russian involvement in this conflict is crucial.

Edited by Thunder26

They have captured dozens of them with Russian passports. But they claim to be volunteers or local residents with Russian passports. And several months ago there were many reports of Russian movement at the border of Ukraine. No-brainer that Russian involvement in this conflict is crucial.

Of course the Russians are involved, mostly with supplying weapons, and the troops are all mercenaries, the same as Ukraine already having plenty covert US military aid, and US mercenaries too.

This whole affair is very complex and has been set up for more than 4 years by the US government. It involves many countries, and all are being pushed to a final solution. War with Russia.

I could go into fine details and all backed up with very credible sources. I have studied this for at least 3 to 5 hours a day for the past year, probably well over 1000 hours. I am now in the process of putting a forum together that is dedicated to the full history of the WW3 build up.

From Libya and the Arab spring uprisings, to Saudi Arabia, right up to the US involvement in having Yanukovych overthrown and a Russian hating government selected by the US state department.... All engineered to get Putin to react to protect pro Russian Ukrainians. Because if he didn't, they would now be getting ethnically cleansed.

Like I said.... It is all very complex, it has a very long and deep rooted history. It has to be completed by the end of 2015 because the US economy is not going to hold up much longer as it is based on a currency that basically has zero value. The USD is going toi collapse, and the US needs to make sure it controls the next global currency which means they will control the global economy.

There needs to be an all out World war with both Russia and China or the US could completely collapse.

I will have the forum up and running by next week... It will be full of interesting and 100% backed up facts. I think you would find it an interesting debating platform.

PARIS (Sputnik) – French President Francois Hollande said Friday at a joint news conference with German Chancellor Angela Merkel that he was unable to confirm the presence of Russian military hardware in Ukraine.

“We cannot confirm that Russian tanks had entered Ukraine,” Hollande said.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/politics/20150220/1018534477.html#ixzz3SR4cMj77

• Like 1

PARIS (Sputnik) French President Francois Hollande said Friday at a joint news conference with German Chancellor Angela Merkel that he was unable to confirm the presence of Russian military hardware in Ukraine.

We cannot confirm that Russian tanks had entered Ukraine, Hollande said.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/politics/20150220/1018534477.html#ixzz3SR4cMj77

Haha, Sputnik News!!! How about some context as to what he may have allegedly been specifically addressing.

Edited by F430murci

PARIS (Sputnik) French President Francois Hollande said Friday at a joint news conference with German Chancellor Angela Merkel that he was unable to confirm the presence of Russian military hardware in Ukraine.

Haha, Sputnik News!!!

So, your are saying that Hollande did not make that statement? I have no interest in finding another source but I have no doubt he made that statement.

• Like 1

Haha, Sputnik News!!!

So, your are saying that Hollande did not make that statement? I have no interest in finding another source but I have no doubt he made that statement.

Hollande's comments were in regard to a specific incident and NOT in general, across the board during the history of the conflict.

A bunch of idiot trolls took a a portion of a statement addressing a very RECENT specific incident, took it out of context and a bunch of equally ignorant people apparently ran with it. Lol!

Edited by F430murci

Haha, Sputnik News!!!

Hollande's comments were in regard to a specific incident and NOT in general, across the board during the history of the conflict.

A bunch of idiot trolls took a a portion of a statement addressing a very RECENT specific incident, took it out of context and a bunch of equally ignorant people apparently ran with it. Lol!

I have never called anyone an idiot on this forum. Nor do I ever get sarcastic or condescending. That is 8 years worth of posts. You could be my first.

• Like 1

Too funny Joe, but the shoe fits on both feet...

Day late and a dollar short. That video has been posted on here and taken down by mods 5 or 6 times.

The US reported in November I believe that a joint NATO coalition of about 1,200 or 1,300 from different countries went to Ukrainr for training in the Fall of 2014.

As far as the same, I disagree. Russia sending troops and weapons into the Ukraine to invade Ukraine or to take portions of the Ukraine is much worse than sending troops or weapons to help a country defend itself within its own borders.

Haha, Sputnik News!!!

I have never called anyone an idiot on this forum. Nor do I ever get sarcastic or condescending. That is 8 years worth of posts. You could be my first.

Good God my man, you make ridiculous statements based on absolutely unreliable websites spreading dangerous bs and misinformation that is actually harming people and making situations worse not better.

You talk about BRICS, Ukraine and all of the other propaganda you dredge up from Russia propaganda sites without apparently making any effort to understand the subject matter, what is actually going on or why something was said.

Edited by F430murci

Good God my man, you make ridiculous statements based on absolutely unreliable websites spreading dangerous bs and misinformation that is actually harming people and making situations worse not better.

You talk about BRICS, Ukraine and all of the other propaganda you dredge up from Russia propaganda sites without apparently making any effort to understand the subject matter, what is actually going on or why something was said.

It's only you that determines that they are unreliable websites.

I mean you hardly going to get a balanced view on MSM are you?giggle.gif Russia didn't start any war, Washington did!

Anyway it looks very much like the warmongers on this website will soon get their wish.Is Canadian broadcasting reliable enough for you?rolleyes.gif

Ukraine preparing for 'full-scale war,' says former envoy to Canada

" the world must not be afraid of joining Ukraine in the fight against a nuclear power"

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ukraine-preparing-for-full-scale-war-says-former-envoy-to-canada-1.2964887

A lot of the world doesn't consider it is their business to interfere in all this

but we all know what it's really about don't wewhistling.gif

And China and maybe Iran won't be afraid of joining their BRICS partner Russia in such fighting

Edited by Asiantravel
  • Like 1

Of course the Russians are involved, mostly with supplying weapons, and the troops are all mercenaries, the same as Ukraine already having plenty covert US military aid, and US mercenaries too.

This whole affair is very complex and has been set up for more than 4 years by the US government. It involves many countries, and all are being pushed to a final solution. War with Russia.

I could go into fine details and all backed up with very credible sources. I have studied this for at least 3 to 5 hours a day for the past year, probably well over 1000 hours. I am now in the process of putting a forum together that is dedicated to the full history of the WW3 build up.

From Libya and the Arab spring uprisings, to Saudi Arabia, right up to the US involvement in having Yanukovych overthrown and a Russian hating government selected by the US state department.... All engineered to get Putin to react to protect pro Russian Ukrainians. Because if he didn't, they would now be getting ethnically cleansed.

Like I said.... It is all very complex, it has a very long and deep rooted history. It has to be completed by the end of 2015 because the US economy is not going to hold up much longer as it is based on a currency that basically has zero value. The USD is going toi collapse, and the US needs to make sure it controls the next global currency which means they will control the global economy.

There needs to be an all out World war with both Russia and China or the US could completely collapse.

I will have the forum up and running by next week... It will be full of interesting and 100% backed up facts. I think you would find it an interesting debating platform.

Another post to be revisited on 1.1.2016....

If WWIII is inevitable, wouldn't it make more sense investing the time stocking up on supplies and making sure that fallout shelter in backyard is ready?

Asiantraveler:

A bit like the hysteria you posted for weeks from similar websites such as eforeitwasnews and zereohedge stating that the US was doomed, would be unable to contain ebola, that ebola was AIRBORNE and that an outbreak was imminent in the US.

US media reports both sides of the Ukraine cinflict. We consistently get the Russian or rebel version and the Kiev version in practically every article I read.

Just yesterday, US media was reporting that the West had been outmatched by Putin in this situation and that the West was "mpotent" to deal with Putib over the Ukraine and in other Baltic states.

Obama showed time and time again that he is FOS and scared to act. He draws lines and makes strong sounding speeches, but he consistently backs down and fails to act when those lines are crossed. Putin knows this and does what he pleases because he knows Ovama won't do anything but talk a big game and then slink away when the shyyttte hits the fan.

Lol, when you will get media coverage from Putin owned or controlled media sites calling him impotent, lacking balls or confessing that he was outmatched and blew it.

French analyst calls for France-Germany-Russia alliance

The analyst stressed that the tripartite bloc "will be the only chance for Europe to get rid of the United States protectorate and become, in the words of General de Gaulle, a Free Europe"

http://tass.ru/en/world/778961

Analyst? How about a lowly journalist that maintains his relevance only by pissing people off through taking controversial, often racial, articles..

Sadly, government owned news agencies such as TASS feed this to the Russian people to try and give them some hope they are heading in the right direction and to keep them from turning on Putin because of the absolute horrid economic conditions.

Putin's like, be calm Russians. All the world's countries are on the verge of joining Russia and dropping the US and we will soon have the lifestyle of the US. Sadly, just more lies to the good Russian people so that Putin can remain in the driver's seat.

No legitimate EU country would ever join Russia and I doubt any of the BRICS will actually let Russia's NDB have control over any substantial blocks of their money as that money is subject to vanish at any time and then what are they going to so about? This is like teaming with the Gambino family and letting the Gambino family be your bank. How stupid is that?

• Like 2