Laos visa

Hi all, I'm heading up to Laos Monday to get my visa, my question is... Do I need a visa prior to entering Laos? If so where an I get one, I'll be flying into udon Thani & crossing the border from there, what is the best/cheapest way of doing this, I'm only planning on being in Laos for 2-3 days. Any advise much appreciated.

Be aware of 100 $ bills .

Any new bills no problem, old ones and damaged (crappy looking) ones rejected....

seen to many people go banana over that one.

check your entry fee upfront by nationality, then have the right amount ready

Count + 1 dollar in weekends and holidays

good luck

Just make sure you get on the freedom bridge VIP van, tickets are sold to the right of the exit leaving airport. Plenty of people to put you in the right direction.

After clearing Thai immigration get on the bus to cross the bridge 15 baht. If you have an extra photo bring it with.

Fill out visa form you get it at window 2 and the entry and exit card. Turn in money, forms, and photo. then step to your right and wait.

Tuk tuk , taxi , VIP van to your hotel . Remember you are going to the Thai consulate NOT THE EMBASSY !!!!!!

You can use Thai baht to buy food, Between 240 and 250 to convert. They will give you kip in change so bring pocket change and 100s and 20s

Hope this is helpful

Edited by ToddinChonburi