Lady Pies in Patong

xylophone

Used to travel to Villa Market (Chalong) to stock up on the "Lady Pies" but now see that they are available in Patong Big C.........in a small freezer next to the frozen foods section.

Now, the addition of "Yorkies" pork pies would be most welcome!!!!!

A decent selection of pork pies in villamart

Yes, have tried them all looking for "the one" and it was the "Yorkies Stand pie" (large pork pie) and it was excellent, the best I have ever tasted, in fact...........then Villa Market stopped stocking them and despite asking many questions as to "why", no answer forthcoming.

The funny thing is that they did have a few other folk after them as I had met them in store, travelling from around Phuket just for these pies.

On the upside: my waistline is not expanding as much!

Thanks McFarang,

..asking many questions as to "why", no answer forthcoming" - maybe it was the 800b price tag!

Old Jamaican Ginger Beer in cans next to the Irn Bru is I think 45thb and the bottled organic Ginger Beer in a totally different place near the bottled apple juice is I think 125 or 150thb

Was in Flints One Bakery Rawai today and noticed that they sell home made Pork Pies in the Chiller cabinet not sure what they are like but its another Pork pie option.

Tried them a couple of years ago. I thought not very good and never bought again. Best seems to be Yorkie pork pie. As mentioned above, not seen in Villa Market for some time, but they are stocking another pork pie with a big union jack label - not bad at all.

• Like 2

They were 499 baht end-2011 and 2012, then in 2013 they went up to 800 baht and I stopped buying them. Then when I went back in 2014 they were replaced by the small union jack pork pies and some other Australian pork pies both in the freezer - and both of which I find uneatable. I am heading for Flints One now!

They were 499 baht end-2011 and 2012, then in 2013 they went up to 800 baht and I stopped buying them. Then when I went back in 2014 they were replaced by the small union jack pork pies and some other Australian pork pies both in the freezer - and both of which I find uneatable. I am heading for Flints One now!

I used to buy those large Yorkie stand pies, bit like the original Wall's Monarch pies back in the UK. I never remember 800 baht, I remember more like 399 although I don't recall which year. They were delicious, tasted better than the small Yorkie pies, but such a large pie took a lot to eat over a many days for a single person.

• Like 1