New Visa needed next week

Hi there,

time is running fast, 5 month ago since i was in Vientiane for an non-o depending on my daughter.

Next week I have to travel again.

When I was the last time in Vientiane the embassy requested only my passport, the birth certificate of my daughter and

some documents that my daughter is registered at the school in Thailand. My daughter has an Thai ID Card. She live only by me

what means when I get now Visa She has to leave Thailand too.

My question, Can I apply for the same non-o depending on my daughter again?

You can get another non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai.

Normally the want your child's birth certificate plus a copy and copies of their house book registry and ID card.

If you are her legal father by marriage or legitimization you could get an extension of stay or a multiple entry non-o. Since she is old enough to get an ID card you could do the legitimization at an Amphoe.

Thanks for your Info ubonjoe,

a legitimization at the Amphoe will be the next i intend to do because my daughter

don't like to leave Thailand anymore. This means I have to arrange all for my Visa

for the next few years.

For the legitimization I need some advice because all what i tried before was

not working because of the officers at the Amphoe.

I will post in this forum again for the legitimization when I'm back from Vientiane end of next week. thumbsup.gif

a legitimization at the Amphoe will be the next i intend to do because my daughter

don't like to leave Thailand anymore. This means I have to arrange all for my Visa

for the next few years.

They maybe reluctant to do it because they are unfamiliar with the situation especially with a foreigner father. They may want the mother to be present and assenting. If the mother is unavailable, your only resort is going the family court with a lawyer. Beside legalization, they will grant you full custody unless the mother will oppose. But your case may take longer than usual due to the time needed to locate the mother and get an official statement from her.

for the next few years.

They maybe reluctant to do it because they are unfamiliar with the situation especially with a foreigner father. They may want the mother to be present and assenting. If the mother is unavailable, your only resort is going the family court with a lawyer. Beside legalization, they will grant you full custody unless the mother will oppose. But your case may take longer than usual due to the time needed to locate the mother and get an official statement from her.

This I did already, I was traveling 2 time trough Thailand and was with her mother to the Amphoe where she is living. I got at statement as well where she declare the I'm the legal father. But the officer at this Amphoe didn't like to certificate this. The answer, The documents I can provide shows clear the I'm the legal father. Different the Amphoe I live, they tell me the documents I provide shows not clear that I'm the father and the advice me to go to the Amphoe where the mother lives. So i turn around and around.

Edited by inthanet

This I did already, I was traveling 2 time trough Thailand and was with her mother to the Amphoe where she is living. I got at statement as well where she declare the I'm the legal father. But the officer at this Amphoe didn't like to certificate this. The answer, The documents I can provide shows clear the I'm the legal father. Different the Amphoe I live, they tell me the documents I provide shows not clear that I'm the father and the advice me to go to the Amphoe where the mother lives. So i turn around and around.

I suggest that you go again with a family lawyer or other educated, influential person. As ubonjoe mentioned above, the law says the if the child is old enough to express his understanding and will, no court judgment is necessary. Going with a lawyer may cost you maybe one thousand Bt, he will only have to "explain" the law to the officials. I think that has to be done at the Amphoe where the mother lives, because until you have parental rights recognized (currently you don't have that, your name on the birth certificate is not enough), it is supposed that the child lives with the mother, that is where they are on an house book.

Edited by paz

Thanks very much for all the valuable recommendations,

as soon I'm back from my next Visa application I will start over again to get this done and

hopefully within 5 month I can tick this as done.

Uwe

Edited by inthanet

"Going with a lawyer may cost you maybe one thousand Bt, he will only have to "explain" the law to the officials."

Can you give us the name of an attorney willing to work / take a field trip for one thousand baht?

Thank you.

I won't give you that name, but I'm happily adding your to my ignore list, for constant interfering and bickering.

So I won't be able to read your constructive advice, that is so abundant and appreciated. Too bad. Regards.

Edited by paz