Thai passport for girl born in the UK

Thailand does not allow duel nationality.

So for her to get a Thai passport, she would have to relinquish her UK passport.

Surely a UK passport has more value than a Thai passport.

You are talking utter rubbish! My son has dual UK/Thai nationality.

What's the reason for wanting a Thai passport?

My daughter now 12 had one and it never got used in visits. It's a complete waste of money,

If you can't get a visa to stay in Thailand then how would your daughter stay there?

Save your time & money & use her British passport & get her visas as yours.

A lot of Brits who have Thai offspring thinks it's cool or the 'done thing' to have both passports but as I said it's pointless.

You can go & stay a far more places with British.

Complete waste of time & money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's nothing to do with cool but it is a convenience. My son can stay in Thailand as long as he wishes as he a Thai citizen with a Thai passport and he can use his British passport to travel almost anywhere else in the world.

My wife obtain our son's passport at the Thai embassy in London 2011 and I was not involved so I can't advise on the documents required.

Edited by Jaggg88

I am taking our baby to Thai Embassy in London today to apply for her Thai birth certificate & passport.

We booked this appointment at start of January and this was the 1st appointment they had. (delayed my holiday plans as it can take up to 8 weeks for them to process it although I am hoping they doing it quicker)