Spring cleaning in Bangkok

Lite Beer

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

How about finding a middle way!

You don't need walkways, stuffed with trash and vendors and you don't need them totally empty.

All it takes is a bit of planning, some law enforcement and some common sense.....oh...ahm....boy is it hot outside today, right.... alt=whistling.gif>

Exactly! Food/fruit shops are welcome to the BKK pavement but the ones who sell hairclips/sunglasses/tshirts and so on can move into a mall.

Also streetvendors always take more space then they are allowed to, that's their mentality, they want to slow down pedestrians so they can sell more.

Also streetvendors always make a big mess and don't have any bins. I start to hate them because they are always in my way and block my walkway. Most of them look so filthy that i wouldn't even eat there for free.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You don't need walkways, stuffed with trash and vendors and you don't need them totally empty.

All it takes is a bit of planning, some law enforcement and some common sense.....oh...ahm....boy is it hot outside today, right.... alt=whistling.gif>

Exactly! Food/fruit shops are welcome to the BKK pavement but the ones who sell hairclips/sunglasses/tshirts and so on can move into a mall.

Also streetvendors always take more space then they are allowed to, that's their mentality, they want to slow down pedestrians so they can sell more.

Also streetvendors always make a big mess and don't have any bins. I start to hate them because they are always in my way and block my walkway. Most of them look so filthy that i wouldn't even eat there for free.

" I start to hate them because they are always in my way and block my walkway"

Your statement implies ownership.

Ownership implies citizenship.

Citizenship implies that you are Thai.

So far, so good.

But I get confused by your post here...

Most Thais are Buddhists.

Real Buddhist do not hate.

So confusing!!

Are you a real Thai?

Are you a pretend Thai?

Are you a wanabe Thai?

Or just another farang who thinks he owns the world??

I am so confused! post-147745-0-92159400-1424681053_thumb.

Edited by willyumiii

So far, so good.

So confusing!!

Are you a real Thai?

Are you a pretend Thai?

Are you a wanabe Thai?

I am so confused! attachicon.gifdownload (1).jpg

No...you are not confused!

You are just self complacent and Thai'er than Thai!

Let me guess: if we don't like blocked pavements...why don't we just go home, right?!

So far, so good.

So confusing!!

Are you a real Thai?

Are you a pretend Thai?

Are you a wanabe Thai?

I am so confused! attachicon.gifdownload (1).jpg

No...you are not confused!

You are just self complacent and Thai'er than Thai!

Let me guess: if we don't like blocked pavements...why don't we just go home, right?!

So wrong.

I an not Thai and do not want to be Thai.

But I did move here because I love how different it is from where I lived most of my life, California.

Those differences are not necessarily good or bad, they are just refreshingly different.

I have no yearning to see Thailand become like where I come from or like wherever it is you come from.

I like Thailand as Thailand, warts and all.

I do not believe either of us have the right to expect Thais to change.

Did they invite you here as a consultant?

They did not invite me!

As far as "go home" goes....

I would never say that to anyone.

You decided to come here and I assume you will find a way out if that's what you need to do.

Personally, I get a bit of a kick out of watching westerners, who can't adapt to Thai life, slowly decompose once they wake up to the fact that Thailand is never going to change just to please them.

Most find their own way out eventually.

Some fall apart on the street and put on a pretty good show.

Some actually make it to the airport.

Some find other ways out....like the "Pattaya Flying Club "

You do have options.

And I would never tell you to go home.

No fun in that for anyone!

Choke dee!

Edited by willyumiii