Is Thailand not one of the safest and most civilised places on earth?

laolover88

This topic has been done to death , life is what you make it.

That throw away line is nowhere near accurate.

Dangers in life come mostly from others.

In Thailand, on the roads at least, life is very much in danger from others - drunks, idiotic drivers, etc.

No place is "free from" the things you list, but there are many places that come much closer than Thailand, which is not even in the running.

Singapore; Malta; Tahiti; and the winner ….Japan.

What? not been to Gibraltar then?

This topic has been done to death , life is what you make it.

That throw away line is nowhere near accurate.

Dangers in life come mostly from others.

In Thailand, on the roads at least, life is very much in danger from others - drunks, idiotic drivers, etc.

I never thought the statement, life is what you make it, a high teaching.

I stand corrected. Taking responsibility for one's life, is a high teaching.

• Like 1

Excuse me?

What country are you talking about, and/ or what drugs are you on?

farangs? I think not. So where else? Is there anywhere else you would propose? Free from threats of starvation, militarised police, war and drug wars, suffocating religious threats, overpopulation, drought etc

Since the coup, the Military are the police.

There is constant fighting between illegal drug factions.

Ever try to vacation in the opium triangle up north?

There is random drug testing for no reasonable cause.

There has been a war going on in the south of Thailand for years.

Muslim militants with car bombs, just las week

Thailand is in a very serious drought right now!

You may be correct on overpopulation...but I a not sure about that one.

Farang tourists murdered.

Many very suspicious "suicides" of farangs. " He hung himself, with his hands tied behind his back"

Thailand is one of the more dangerous places to be.

Should I mention traffic fatalities ....

and HIV?

Where have you been?

Well; clearly not if you are a teacher living in Pattani, Yala, Narathiwat, or a drug dealer in Klong Toey.Thais may be having some problems with Martial Law and the 'Security State' here; but farangs? I think not. So where else? Is there anywhere else you would propose? Free from threats of starvation, militarised police, war and drug wars, suffocating religious threats, overpopulation, drought etc.?

sleep.png

I spent all of January 2015 in Thailand with my fiancé. We were out and about all the time in Surat Thani, Hua Hin, Krabi, Ao Nang. I scarcely saw any police and certainly did not see any crime.

I live in Toronto, Canada at this time which is recognised as one of the safest cities in the world. There are police everywhere yet we still have lots of crime ranging from petty to major.

I'm sure that there are many areas of Thailand that are very safe, such as the ones I have just mentioned.

I never found the need to even give our safety a second thought.

• Like 2

Saudi ?

I hope and pray that I never have to visit that God forsaken land. The only thing that might compel me to visit a land ruled by Wahhabism might be the promise of a fortune. Even then, it would have to be guaranteed, and paid in advance. LOL. I consider Saidi to be number one terrorist nation on earth, as their ruling family continues to support the extremist schools, and Wahhabism is perhaps the most extremist "faith" on the planet.

East Asia in general has become the most civil society on earth, that includes Japan,China, Korea, and SE Asia, there is that conflict in the deep south here in Thailand, but it is contained there and the militants never bring their war outside the 3 provinces down there, the multicultural west has become wracked by inner-city violence like in America, and racial conflict in europe, Africa and India - poverty, famine and overpopulation.. central and South America-crime and violence, like inner city USA on steroids.. we're pretty lucky to get to live here imo.

• Like 2