Over-reacting to one day past rent due date?

davevi

Mate.. why should the landlord get a late payment.. you can pay earlier. Why is it that people always seem to think that these things should be someone's else his problem. I know that I pay all my bills before the date and never on the last day.. saves a lot of problems. Its not like the interest from the bank is so high. If you know they would react like this why not take it into account and pay a bit earlier next time.. problem solved.

I run a business i get tired of people paying late not upholding their part of the deal. Though I would not cause problems over 2 days.

Tend to agree with the above, just pay on time and concentrate on this......

........."I love where I live and the landlords are very good at keeping the place in good shape".

I agree that people should pay at due date, but most rental contracts will state that the rent has to be paid no later than the Third of each month, right ? in this case it was even a weekend, so I wonder what the fuzz...... the landlord should be happy to have a tenant who is reliable.

Do you know the habit of many Thai people when it comes to "payment on time" ? maybe the landlord should try a Thai tenant and then would think twice to send out inappropriate messages.....

I agree that people should pay at due date, but most rental contracts will state that the rent has to be paid no later than the Third of each month, right ? in this case it was even a weekend, so I wonder what the fuzz...... the landlord should be happy to have a tenant who is reliable.

Do you know the habit of many Thai people when it comes to "payment on time" ? maybe the landlord should try a Thai tenant and then would think twice to send out inappropriate messages.....

If payment is due on the 3rd then those messages were not good.. but if it was end of the month the guy was in the wrong. But why in heavens name do people have to wait till the very last day to pay ?