Designer Handbag Shakedown

AZBill

Nothing special there. I paid once almost 60.000 Baht import duties in Schiphol on a my Rolex president, which I wore for many years already, but for which I didn't have receipt.

The OP wrote:

Here's a nice little tidbit from one of my wife's friends who just traveled over to Thailand to visit her family.

IMHO if you bring your personal bag(s) stuff or whatever with you for a short visit you are not supposed to pay any duties for it.

On my last visit to Germany I had also some problems with customs, although I can only afford a Casio (model: parking attendant aspirant) cheesy.gif the unfriendly customs officer saw my notebook and phone. Both easy to recognize as not bought in the EU because of the keyboard of the notebook and firmware of the phone.

The last 5 years I was one time in Germany for 10 days, and he wanted me to charge for it blink.png They even looked for the prices on ebay.comthumbsup.gif

I had to pay a security deposit and became that money refunded when I flew back to Thailand... Waste of time!

• Like 1