Honda trip to Srinakarin Dam

rambling

Me and elephant face to face.

They are not dangerous all the time but if it is their mating time, never get close to a male elephant.

This photo is taken recently at Kao yai national park.

If elephant is ahead, be sure that you have enough space on the road to turn your bike fast and run to the other direction. If you have a fast bike, no problems!

post-184955-14247488732441_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The Facebook page is this one: https://www.facebook.com/HondaBigBikeTH?fref=ts

It's updated almost daily.

I will raise the option of a mailing list the next time I speak to Kann. Thanks.

I am following that page. Now I see, they announced it as a trip for X-riders.

I got an F rolleyes.gif

Me too, I called up and mentioned I was on an F, the guy said that's no problem and indeed it didn't matter one bit, the entire trip was on paved roads.

I'll add that to the list of feedback, categorizing the trip as "X" may sound nice from a marketing point of view but didn't make sense from a practical one.

• Like 1

Big Wing could try sending out emails to their customer buyer data base announcing trips, events, or whatever. I don't use Facebook and I am pretty sure they asked for my email address in my buyer information when I bought the bike from them. Can't say I feel they put a lot of effort into customer relations in general. Never a phone call from them after I bought the bike to ask how is it running, how I like it, or anything. When I bought the bike they gave it to me with an empty tank of gas of course, it was wiped down a bit after they pulled it out of the storage lot, but not washed when it was given to me. I also realized after taking it to the petrol station that they hadn't checked the tire pressure before giving the bikes to me which was quite low in fact. I think they could put a bit more effort into trying to make the whole buyer experience a bit more pleasing. Sorry to go off on a bit of a rant here, but when you said Big Wing wants suggestions it triggered these thoughts.

Which Big Wing branch was that? Here in Phuket when I bought my CBR500R two years ago, it was shiny clean, they checked tire pressure and overall the whole bike and I had a good chunk of fuel (dont remember but maybe it was even full). They actually gave me a bit of riding training on their parking lot since it was my first big bike.

In Phuket they also do these group rides every 3-4 months or so. They announce them via Facebook and have an event calendar in the showroom. Trips are planned a long time in advance so there is plenty of time to know about it. They are always booked out.

I agree though with keeping in contact with riders more via email would be nice but unfortunately it seems like Facebook replaced this medium for the job :(

• Like 1

Big Wing could try sending out emails to their customer buyer data base announcing trips, events, or whatever. I don't use Facebook and I am pretty sure they asked for my email address in my buyer information when I bought the bike from them. Can't say I feel they put a lot of effort into customer relations in general. Never a phone call from them after I bought the bike to ask how is it running, how I like it, or anything. When I bought the bike they gave it to me with an empty tank of gas of course, it was wiped down a bit after they pulled it out of the storage lot, but not washed when it was given to me. I also realized after taking it to the petrol station that they hadn't checked the tire pressure before giving the bikes to me which was quite low in fact. I think they could put a bit more effort into trying to make the whole buyer experience a bit more pleasing. Sorry to go off on a bit of a rant here, but when you said Big Wing wants suggestions it triggered these thoughts.

Which Big Wing branch was that? Here in Phuket when I bought my CBR500R two years ago, it was shiny clean, they checked tire pressure and overall the whole bike and I had a good chunk of fuel (dont remember but maybe it was even full). They actually gave me a bit of riding training on their parking lot since it was my first big bike.

In Phuket they also do these group rides every 3-4 months or so. They announce them via Facebook and have an event calendar in the showroom. Trips are planned a long time in advance so there is plenty of time to know about it. They are always booked out.

I agree though with keeping in contact with riders more via email would be nice but unfortunately it seems like Facebook replaced this medium for the job sad.png

I am referring to the Big Wing branch on Ram Intra Highway in Bangkok. It sounds like in Phuket it is a very different experience obviously just based on how your bike was so nicely delivered to you. I was surprised they weren't a bit more customer service orientated here when I bought my bike. I was not a pain in the neck either and could not have made it any more simple for them. I walked in there and said I want one of those in red and I will pay cash. I filled out the paperwork, gave them a deposit, came back the next day in less than 24 hours with a cashiers check for 300K, and picked up the bike. So they knew since the day before that I would be picking up the bike the next afternoon. They could have made more of an effort to prep the bike and have it ready for handover.

Hi Rambling.

I am going that way in April and I want to go to the end of the 323 (Myanmar border) and back to Kanchanaburi via the east of Lake Sinakharin. The more remote the better but minimal dirt roads.

Do you have any route details that would assist me. I have a Garmin.

Thankyou.

Ciao, Bruzzzz.

One Post Removed

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

Hi Rambling.

I am going that way in April and I want to go to the end of the 323 (Myanmar border) and back to Kanchanaburi via the east of Lake Sinakharin. The more remote the better but minimal dirt roads.

Thankyou.

Ciao, Bruzzzz.

Hi Bruzzz, sorry I don't really have any specific route planning suggestions, I did not plan this trip I just tagged along. Maybe others on the forum will be able to help, I would open a separate thread to ask about the areas you plan to go through.

Good luck on your trip. Post some pics when you get back.

Hi Rambling.

Thankyou.

Ciao, Bruzzzz.

The 323 takes you all the way to the 3 Pagoda Pass (you have to hang a right before reaching Sangkhla Buri, at the PTT station).

In order to get over to the east side of Lake Srinakharin, I think that dirt roads are unavoidable. You head south from Sangkhla Buri till you come to an intersection just before Chalae (about 60 kms from the 3 Pagoda Pass). You take a left onto what they call Kri. 3087.

The first few kilometers are paved asphalt. After that, they become concrete slabs. This degenerates into potholed asphalt. Finally you hit dirt. It's about 35 kms (according to DSB's GPS, though it seems a hell of a lot longer than that) of dirt and gravel before you then reach the ferry pier to take you over the lake. Note that this is not a regular ferry. You turn up and wait till the ferryman has other vehicles to take across.

This is doable on pretty much every bike - just make sure that everything is tied down well and have lots of cable ties in case of emergencies. You need to be comfortable on dirt, being able to stand on the pegs will help a lot. Also, try not to be as heavy as me (two up, top box, panniers, haha)

There is a short ride report on this section in one of the earlier threads. Make sure you do this with plenty of daylight hours remaining. You definitely do not want to do this in the dark, partly because there are no road signs on the dirt sections whatsoever.