Hua Hin Zoo (free entry)

Chuckles78

We finally found the Hua hin zoo today after some failed attempts before. Its actually a animal research facility but has many animals to go look at.

Great for kids. Many birds, deers, monkey's, bears etc. Many trees with shade and sitting areas. Bring your own food and drinks although there is a small place to buy some snacks.

Here is my Google address for it:

12°40'07.1"N 99°54'49.4"E

http://goo.gl/maps/XvQ5c

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I never knew there was a zoo in Hua Hin, thanks for the tip. I went to the monkey mountain at Khao Takiab before, that was fun and a stunning view over the bay too.

http://thetravellingphase.com/monkey-mountain-hua-hin/

Whatever you do, do not buy an icecream on Monkey Mountain like I did as I got attacked by three monkeys, they appeared out of knowhere as I got back in my car.

Another exciting adventure in the Hua Hin area...add that to the expats chess club and the new fishing club...and I can see expats flocking to your area to get in on the exciting festivities...soon it will be time to move somewhere else because so many boring mundane expats have settled there...

Another exciting adventure in the Hua Hin area...add that to the expats chess club and the new fishing club...and I can see expats flocking to your area to get in on the exciting festivities...soon it will be time to move somewhere else because so many boring mundane expats have settled there...

Well well ... aren't you feeling all superior and cooler than thou.

It is great for people who enjoy Animals in Cages. Eastern Europeans enjoy this crap!-------awful!

They may enjoy the Lion with mange!----they can throw crackers at it!

Right ! I was in this "zoo" 3 years ago, and apart monkeys, many are in cages, especially, I remember, a bear , very small room for it, it could not move much , also porcupines ; but interresting birds, I agree

Edited by Aforek

It is great for people who enjoy Animals in Cages. Eastern Europeans enjoy this crap!-------awful!

They may enjoy the Lion with mange!----they can throw crackers at it!

Amen to that......well said. Why people who claim to love birds etc., then choose to lock them up in a cage.

Nothing drags down property values like a pestilential influx of mundane expats. And if they're not only mundane, but in addition, also boring as well, don't stay and suffer; just pack and move. As fast as you can. And don't wait.

Wow so many whinging, negative posters.

They have peacocks roaming the huge park, deer in big enclosures, a island separated by water with monkeys on it, some big cages and yes some smaller ones.

Like i mentioned its really an animal research center.

And if you can read "thai" it states in the park that many of the animals have been rescued and are being rehabilitated before being reintroduced to the wild.

post-218758-14247821195158_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Thanks for the tip . Is it still free entry ? We went to that new animal show the other week and got the shock of me life, the entrance fee for Thais is150 baht and 1,800 baht for foriegners

Its still free. Donations are optional.

Last time we were there the monkeys weren't on their island. Perhaps due to cleaing, repairs or renovation I'm not sure.